Registration is not allowing Credit Card entry

Are you guys using your own SSL certificate or the free one issued by GoDaddy? The reason I ask is that I had a similar problem years ago and the issue was with the free certificate the host provided. Have you tried using Let’s Encrypt?

I have the same problem. Credit Cards on stripe worked fine for years. Now they aren’t. I don’t have GoDaddy, no change to php or file permissions, I hired a freelancer to look into it and check all my stripe errors, and he says it’s an s2member problem. No idea when it started.

We need an s2member fix. I can’t change my whole membership system, but I also can’t receive payments right now, so this is pretty bad.

Seems unlikely that s2Member suddenly stopped working (works fine on my site) and more likely that something else with your site is preventing s2Member from working. Is there anything you have changed recently, like a theme or plugin update? Have you tried changing the theme, or disabling other plugins, to see if it fixes the problem? And are you sure it’s not an issue with your SSL certificate?

I found a post with a problem similar to yours: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()

The Security Plugin AIOWPSEC has a 6G Black/Firewall that is causing the issue above. I just found out my form was broken again and finally diagnosed the cause.

They use https://perishablepress.com/6g/

The setting above must be kept OFF otherwise the error 403 comes back.

Funny they say it operates on .htaccess but I use NGinx. :grin:

I hope the information is useful in case anybody ever faces the problem. Funny enough that disabling all security from the plugin to “test” it didn’t work.

1 Like