New European regulation for online payments with Stripe

Short answer - I used s2member --> Stripe Options --> Stripe should collect a customers billing address.

And for Stripe should verify ZipCodes --> No, do not validate…

Actually I cannot find the tax rate calculations under Paypal Options anymore… Has this been removed a few versions ago? So I cannot try the internal address option anymore.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

No, it wasn’t removed. Still there in the Options page.

Screenshot_2019-09-25%20s2Member%20Pro%20Stripe%20Options%20%E2%80%B9%20s2Member%20Membership%20Plugin%20for%20WordPress%20%E2%80%94%20WordPress

Thanks, I’ve missed it because it doesn’t show up under Paypal if only Paypal buttons activated - not Paypal Pro.

I’ve input a tax rate ( BV=0.1% ) - and now checkout is failing with:
Missing State/Province. Please try again.

but there is no where to select state or country… And the Stripe collect also doesn’t work as written above. But it fails without notice…

Also there is no remember me checkbox for Stripe anymore. - has this been removed with the SCA implementation?

Oh and the users were created - but I think my test website email is broken. Had update my Mail integration - not been used for some time.

1 Like

Oh yeah, and I have a German credit card (Postal code is demanded). But it is not mentioned on the card nor would I have a clue where it was issued.
I think Europe this is usually not known.

Gotcha. I’ll look into that. :slight_smile:

Any Progress in the last 7 days?

1 Like

Hi Felix.

Yes. Had to figure out the pro-form’s JavaScript and got the tax section working with the new Stripe integration. And made the zip code field optional.

I’m tidying up some things to send you the updated beta soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I sent you guys the updated beta for your tests. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well done Cristian,
thanks for all the hard work lately.

2 Likes

That is awesome Cristián!:blush:
I know the magnitude of the work and dedication you have invested in this, so :sparkles:Thank You very, very much!!:sparkles::hibiscus:

2 Likes

Cristian,

Thanks a lot for your work about this, I try to do maximum of tests with your beta versions but I don’t have as much time as I would like for test this.

Best regards. Brice.

1 Like
  1. Address is there - and seems to work. However one small caveat. I use a 3rd party tax handling - and this requires the address - but the sales tax 0.00% applied information is confusing (the 3rd party option (quaderno as stripe plugin) is calculating the taxes after buying and decreases the actual price before taxes so customer always pays the same no matter where he is from).

Maybe you could remove the bogus tax and make a real address option instead.

1. I used the Stripe card: 4000002500003155
    and get the following error:
    “Action required: 3D Secure authorization”
  • above and below the form:

"This PaymentIntent pi_1FQ86HJ1O9wogKkFdpTLNT72 cannot be confirmed using your publishable key because its confirmation_method is set to manual. Please use your secret key instead, or create a PaymentIntent with confirmation_method set to automatic.

what is going wrong here?" Maybe I missed something that I need to change in my Stripe account? Or in the Stripe settings of s2member? Sorry haven’t got time today to continue on this. But if something needs to be changed here still please mention it here and in the instructions for upgrading s2member.

Here is my stripe form:
[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form]
[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“1Euro_One_Time_Payment_for_1_year_Openmtbmap_access_no_subscription” cc=“EUR” custom=“openmtbmap.org” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“1” rp=“1” rt=“Y” rr=“BN” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” captcha=“0” /]
[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“1 Euro_One_Time_Payment_for_2_years_Openmtbmap_access_no_subscription” cc=“EUR” custom=“openmtbmap.org” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“1” rp=“2” rt=“Y” rr=“BN” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” captcha=“0” /]
[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“1 Euro_One_Time_Payment_for_3_years_Openmtbmap_access_no_subscription” cc=“EUR” custom=“openmtbmap.org” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“1” rp=“3” rt=“Y” rr=“BN” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” captcha=“0” /]
[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“1 Euro_One_Time_Payment_for_4_years_Openmtbmap_access_no_subscription” cc=“EUR” custom=“openmtbmap.org” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“1” rp=“4” rt=“Y” rr=“BN” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” captcha=“0” /]
[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“1Euro_One_Time_Payment_for_8_years_Openmtbmap_access_no_subscription” cc=“EUR” custom=“openmtbmap.org” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“1” rp=“8” rt=“Y” rr=“BN” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” captcha=“0” /]
[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“1 Euro_One_Time_Payment_for_25_years_Openmtbmap_access(Lifetime)_no_subscription” cc=“EUR” custom=“openmtbmap.org” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“1” rp=“25” rt=“Y” rr=“BN” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” captcha=“0” /]
[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form update=“1” desc=“Update_your_billing_information.” captcha=“0” /]
[/s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form]

1 Like

Well - even updating the Stripe API version to 2019-09-09 did not change anything here. The 3D Secure Authentication is not opening. I’m rolling back to 2018-08-23 for now as i don’t know if the current API version is supported by old s2member versions. Would be nice if you, Christian, can help us out here if update is safe and also of course inform that the upgrade of Stripe API is needed (or did you set this in the new s2member manually which is possible so manual updating not needed?) - because I think 3D Secure will only work with the 2 latest Stripe API versions.

Anyone else got an idea what else could be running wrong here? Because I’m sure I’m still missing something - 3D Secure is simply not working and I’m sure this credit card has been tested already.

All credit cards listed under:

Regulatory test card numbers

and

3D Secure test card numbers and tokens

should work for my understanding before the new s2member version is published…

1 Like

Found that issue and another thing. Fixed on my copy. Running several tests before sending you the new copy. Thanks for finding that! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks - the newest beta from 10. October is now working correctly concerning SCA (other problems of course still exist)

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! Very glad to hear that. :smiley:

When you say other problems, which do you mean? Did you start other threads for those?

1 Like

just started a thread and replied to the one you correctly found. BTW my main other gripe for a long time that paypal payments were missed is solved since the update 190822
(it was solved by this patch here: Error with Paypal Auto-Return URL )
I used to have about 1-2% of all payments gone into Nirvana (especially troublesome because if s2member sent them into Nirvana - I had to manually write invoices because my invoicing solution depends on s2member getting the payment recognized so each VATMOSS return I spend 5-6 hours using excel to find the payments missing by comparing invoices registered to paypal activity downloads and then repairing s2member accounts and manually by hand writing the invoices)

Less important but also still current: (s2Member / API Notification Email) - Payment - wrong user data

1 Like

Found another really important bug!!!

The address is asked for using bogus tax - but it isn’t forwarded to Stripe!!!
So right now asking for the address is simply broken!

A similar bug got fixed 2 or 3 days before 01.01.2015
(asking for address and then not storing it is a useless as it can be)

Please fix this ASAP and send out a new beta. The current version is not production ready…

EDIT:
(to try out - check that all of the following three are different and working: a) credit card country b) address country as user indicated c) postal code as user indicated d) IP address forwarded to Stripe.

I think right now c) is somehow broken. Having all of them is essential for correct VAT calculation (as most countries require 3 independent proofs).

Edit2: I first thought I found the address data - as I could find it under Metadata. But that address was still present as I used the same email as previously once to pay via ThriveCart test payment. So actually right now the billing address is not forwarded at all.

1 Like

Tax address is not collected. Country and postal code are, when taxes are configured in s2, but that was never stored. The taxes part is behaving as it used to, or am I wrong?

I’m not saying it shouldn’t be improved, and there’s many things I have planned to make the taxes part of s2Member better, but it’s unrelated to the updated Stripe integration and SCA support to collect payments.

The card’s country and postal code don’t need to, or have to match the tax country or postal code, or the customer’s IP. Stripe’s card element doesn’t require the postal code, but it can ask for it optionally as an extra verification.

:slight_smile:

You haven’t understood the problem at all. S2member only needs to forward the billing address to stripe. The new release breaks this. It’s been working since 2015.