Stripe - only code seen

I have S2Member Pro and the PayPal Pro-Form connection works find. I am trying to use Stripe Pro-Form and all I see is code when viewing the page. Recommendations?

Could you me more specific…maybe a screenshot. You refer to “the page” but I don’t know what page you are referring to. An admin page, a front-end user-facing page?

It’s a shortcode…are you seeing the shortcode text?

Are you on a single site or multi-site?

Are you on a classic page or a Gutenberg page?

Are you using a page builder (e.g. Elementor, DIVI, etc)?

Hi Tim. Thanks for your response. I’ve attached a screenshot of the issue I am having. I’m not using any page builder addons and it’s on a single site. I use the Gutenberg page.
Membership Sign-up – Spiritual Mandate.pdf (44.4 KB)

Thanks for that. The page is not parsing the shortcode.

In Gutenberg you can put a shortcode into a shortcode block or a Classic block. I have found, in general, the classic block seems to be more reliable for legacy shortcodes though that may have changed since I last used a shortcode block (I never use them now).

Which block type have you put the s2member shortcode into?

https://gogutenberg.com/blocks/classic/
https://gogutenberg.com/blocks/shortcode/

I’m use to the classic setting but willing to change if needed. This is a picture of my page in Wordpress desktop. Does this help answer your question?

Yup. That’s a Gutenberg page and you have the shortcode in a Paragraph block. Hit the + sign and add a new “classic” block. Flip the classic block into text edit mode and paste in your shortcode. Should work fine.

NB: Shortcodes don’t work in paragraph blocks and paragraph blocks are the default if you just start typing or hit enter in a previous block.

I appreciate your help but I am at a loss. I’ve found the classic block but there is no text edit mode to paste my shortcode into. I’m not sure what you mean by “flip.” I’ve even tried finding the information on Wordpress.org.

With all my attempt, I see no change. Thanks in advance for your help!

in the top right of the Gutenberg blok there are 3-vertical-dots. If you click that you will get a drop-down menu with one of the menu items Edit as HTML

See https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-use-the-new-wordpress-block-editor/

Hi Michael.

Your shortcode for the registration pro-form is incomplete.

[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form][s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form register="1" level="0" ccaps="" desc="Signup now, it's Free!" custom="spiritualmandate.com[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="15 Days free / then $5.00 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" cc="USD" customtp="15" tt="D" ra="5.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /][/s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form]

That may be causing the whole thing to not be parsed by s2Member. Fix that and see if it works, please.

[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form]
[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form register="1" level="0" ccaps="" desc="Signup now, it's Free!" custom="spiritualmandate.com" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="0" /]
[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="15 Days free / then $5.00 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" cc="USD" customtp="15" tt="D" ra="5.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /]
[/s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form]

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

Thanks Tim and Cristian. I’m at a loss. I’m still getting the same issue. I’ve also changed themes to twenty twenty to see if it was a theme conflict. I am also using the plugin WP Courseware that is also in Stripe test mode. I’m having no issues with that plugin. I did deactivate that plugin to see if there was a possible conflict issue. I’m trying everything but I just don’t get it. The S2Member’s PayPal connection works find I just wanted to use Stripe since I use PayPal for a different business.

@mspackman2020 - can you confirm that you have the shortcode in a classic GB block and not a paragraph block. Cheers.

Sure. Thanks for the speedy response.

Huh…in a classic block! Ok…that’s weird. It should work fine. S2member shortcode is like any other legacy shortcode. If one works for you in a classic block then they should all work. Give me 15 minutes while I crank up my test setup and run a test to confirm. Are you using WP5.3.2 or WP5.4?

Thanks Tim. I’m using WP 5.4 and PHP is 7.1.

Cool…stick around and I’ll help you to get it working. I’m just loading it up.

1 Like

Actually…while I am testing, @mspackman2020 can you verify if the form is displayed correctly when you view the page.

Once you have the shortcode in a classic block it should work fine on the front-end. BUT…it will still look like text on the edit page since it is in a classic block. Classic blocks don’t render shortcodes. What it means is that, on a GB page where everything is now pretty & GUI-centric…classic blocks are not…they are the old text-centric look & feel.

So please confirm that the form does NOT render corretly when viewed and give us a screenshot of the View page so we we assist. Cheers. Thanks for your patience.

I opened a new browser using MS Edge. Here is the screenshot:

Cheers. Just wanted to confirm. Basically…

1. a shortcode in a GB paragraph block will look like text on the frontend and in the editor
  2. a shortcode in a classic block on a GB page entered in visual mode should look like text on the frontend and in the editor
  3. a shortcode in a classic block on a GB page entered in text mode should look fine on the frontend (that is a visual form) and text in the editor.
1 Like

@mspackman2020 - Hate to say it but…it works fine. I know that doesn’t help you.

I did the following:

• upgraded my dev site to WP5.4
  • switched theme to twenty-twenty
  • added GB page with a single classic block and pasted in the S2Member shortcode that @clavaque corrected for you while in HTML Edit mode
  • verified that the shortcode displayed as text in the front-end
  • installed latest s2member framework plugin and pro plugin and activated both
  • switched to the front-end view of the page I created with the s2member block, refreshed the page and the previous s2member shortcode text becomes a rendered visual form.

So if you have pasted the shortcode into a classic block on a GB page using the HTML Edit mode of the block (not the default visual mode) and it still does not work…then we are in code debugging mode.

Next step would be for you to see if there are any errors. Add in the WP Log Viewer plug-in and enable debug mode in your wp-config (see https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/installable-applications/optimization-and-configuration/wordpress2/debugging-wordpress)

Thanks Tim for your help. We are now leaving my skill level/comfort zone. I think I’ll hire someone when I’m closer to going live with the website to debug this issue.