S2Member HTTP 500 Errors in GTmetrix Waterfall

Hello,

I ran a GTmetrix test for my website (thediyinvestor.com) and it is showing a few HTTP 500 errors related to S2Member. I am not too versed in web/server programming and wanted to know if there was a fix for these errors?

All I did was download S2Member (+Pro) and set up based on the getting started instructions.

Would anyone be able to help?

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/thediyinvestor.com/bUKuYvVv

Thanks!

HTTP 500 errors imply a problem with your server, so they might manifest via s2Member but it’s not the cause.

Thanks Tim. I asked them about it and they just deflected and said S2Member was the problem and that I needed to ask the developer for help.

Do you think it is worth it to try and uninstall and reinstall S2Member just to try and rule out that it is the cause?

It won’t do any harm to do that, but HTTP 500 errors are server-related, so I doubt it will do any good either. (If by “they,” you mean GTMetrix, then it would be unfair to expect them to say anything else, because they can’t be expected to even know what s2Member is.)

Here’s another recent thread involving someone with such an error, and you will see it was indeed on the server side: Stripe checkout returning HTTP 500 error since updating the Stripe API

You really need to talk to your host.

I was referring to my host (Host Gator) as “they” tho I wasn’t too confident that what they were saying was correct. Ill take a look at the link you gave and try contacting Host Gator’s customer service again.