s2Emails - Send Automated Emails and Renewal Reminders

@aisha70 @Jess

wow, thank you very much, I’m happy you like the plugin! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Andrej,

Would it be possible to use your plugin to send other emails as well?
My reason for asking is, that in my current development of a s2Member site, I also send emails whenever a certain action on specific pages occurs.
Now, I use the wp_mail function to get these emails out, but it would be nice if I could just use a shortcode to trigger an email that was set up with your plugin.

That’s a great idea!

• it will be also possible to send it X hours AFTER the action occurred.

I will put it on my TODO list and focus on it as the next features :slight_smile:

Hi Andrej,

Thanks for finding it a great idea.
“One plugin to rule them all” :wink:

1 Like

The plugin is under heavy reconstruction now; soon we will add these features:

• an option to create automated emails sent by shortcode. Send them immediately or X days / x hours after calling the shortcode.
  • an option to send emails AFTER the expiration
  • removed limit 90 days for setting automated emails. Now you can plan a follow-up email even 1 year after expiration
  • added list of pending emails
  • an option to stop any pending email from sending
  • great speed improvements!

If you wish to stay updated and support us, please like our FB page:

Thank you for all for your suggestions! :slight_smile:

Hi Andrej,

I am wanting to purchase your plugin but need to know a few things first. I use an API to send all my emails, how does your program access the email server? I pay send-grid and need the API option not SMTP. Will your software work with it. s2member has this to say in my system and it is tied to my API handler.

“Conflict warning: You have another theme or plugin installed that is preventing s2Member from controlling this aspect of your installation. When the pluggable function wp_new_user_notification() is handled by another plugin, it’s not possible for s2Member to allow customization of New User Emails. This is NOT a major issue. In fact, in some cases, it might be desirable. That being said, if you DO want to use s2Member’s customization of New User Emails, you will need to deactivate one plugin at a time until this conflict warning goes away.”

Will I have the same issues as above with your plug-in?

Ross Waters

Hi Ross!

Thank you for your interest in the plugin!

The plugin sends emails via the native wp_mail() function; I haven’t tested sending the emails with Sendgrid.

However, I found this plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/sendgrid-email-delivery-simplified/) and its description says:

SendGrid’s WordPress plugin replaces WordPress’s default wp_mail() function by using either an SMTP or API integration with SendGrid to send outgoing email from your WordPress installation.

So I think after installing this plugin you should be able to send the emails from s2Emails via SendGrid, but as I said, I cannot guarantee it will work.

If you wish, you can purchase the plugin and test it. If it doesn’t work, I will refund you the payment.

Just to let you know:
In 7 days I will upgrade my website www.s2emails.com and also the plugin. Now it will be possible to send emails also:

• after expiration
  • after visiting a shortcode on a page/post
  • there will be no limitation until when you can send the emails; it can be even one year after registration/expiration/visiting a shortcode

I will also increase the price of the plugin.

I have been testing the new version of the plugin on my website (www.presta-theme-maker.com), and it works great! :slight_smile:

Andrej

Thanks, I will make the purchase now.
Ross Waters

Thank you, please let me know how it works.

Hi Andrej,

I installed the pro plugin and it worked with our APIs. Love the plugin so far, should be worth more than I paid for it so I thank you for developing it and making it so affordable.

I will get in touch with you in the next couple days via your website.

Thanks again,
Ross Waters

1 Like

Hi Ross,

Perfect, glad to hear that! Did you also use the SendGrid plugin?

I had my own API made to work with their system and that worked well. I did just install their plugin just a few minutes ago to see if I like it better and I do, it gives me statistics on opens, clicks, bounces and spam reports without the need of logging into my account. This is much easier as it is a pain to use their site. I can confirm it works with SendGrid Version 1.10.2

I didn’t know they had this so thanks for sending the link, made my great day even better.

Talk to you later and thanks again for making this awesome plugin.

Ross

1 Like

Sorry guys about the delay. I have some great news now!

A new version of s2Emails is here!

• send emails after registration
  • send emails before expiration
  • send emails after expiration
  • send emails after visiting a special shortcode on a page/post

Next features that will be added:

• send emails after renewing an account
  • send emails after changing a role
  • send emails after adding a new CCAP

https://s2plugins.com/s2emails-plugin/

And not just that - we have moved our website to:

www.s2plugins.com

The reason is simple - we plan to keep creating addons for s2member to make your membership site even more awesome!

Right now we are in the middle of creating of s2Payments. A plugin that will display all payments made on your membership site. Check it here: https://s2plugins.com/s2payments-plugin/

2 Likes

Soon we will update the plugin with a new function: send automated emails after a user changes his role!

You can define specific groups of “old” and “new” roles for this new automated email and if the user’s role has changed and fits the conditions, he will receive an email after:

• X days and X hours
  • X days AT X hour

Some use cases:

• send an email after a subscriber purchases membership
  • send an email after a user with a specific role become a subscriber
  • send an email after a user changes his role from one role to some other

Coming soon :slight_smile:

I just noticed that the plugin had an update. Do I really need to delete the tables in the database? Whats the downside of leaving them in the system?

Ross

Also will you be adding features that pertain to a defined ccap.

I would really like it if I could create an email to send everyone that has ccap EXAMPLE1 and have it send something I created out at a given time. This way I could get survey to the correct users, let people know that another product might interest them if they own ccap EXAMPLE1. I also use ccaps to notify users via the web about things related to their accounts. If I could send them an email too about the ccap they own that would be helpful.

I am thinking you could do it by ccap search field so you could add your own field to it. You could make it so it would automatically trigger the email at that time. Manual triggers would be great too, like search users then send to that group in 24 hours.

We sell future ccaps all the time that are not yet out, having sometime like this would make it easy to trigger the email once it has been created for them and to make sure the ones that own it are the only ones getting it…

Ross

Hi @andrejstas this plugin looks great. Does it send HTML emails? One of the problems we had with S2 is the built in emails are only text based and you cant even include an HTML link.

Hi Ross,

I would recommend waiting for a few more days, soon we will update s2emails again. We will also add auto-update function.

Yes, it will be necessary to remove the old tables. This one last time. The structure has changed and we also added new ones.

1 Like

Yes, this is definitely on the list!

It will be possible to send emails to users with specific roles who purchased specific CCAPs.

1 Like

@AgencyAZ Thank you! :slight_smile: yes, it does! You can also create some simple HTML in the s2emails wysiwyg editor, but if you want something more complicated (centered text, two column emails…) you have to prepare these emails before inserting the HTML into the editor.