S2 pro not showing up

Actually, what I was doing was making sure that, when you delete s2Member, you don’t lose your current settings.

I understood that, Tim and I appreciate it. You know, it’s the thought…

Okay Tim, now my plugin says pro… I’m going to start setting settings again… you get to be designated hero today… from me anyway.

A
www.gettingyourbookwritten.com and others.

Great! Your settings should have been saved from before.

how did you do that :wink: Yes, everything is there… you’re more of a hero than I thought! Thanks again.

A

That was the point of making sure that Plugin Deletion Safeguards were on. Those safeguards don’t stop the plugin being deleted (which is, I think, what you assumed) but stop you losing your settings if you delete the plugin.

Very cool… I didn’t realize that’s what we were doing… great feature, good benefits… are you part of the company?

No, just a long-time user.

and a generous one indeed - have a great rest of your day, and tomorrow too.

You’ve used the word ftp, which may be your problem.

Update your post with information about exactly what this means.

1. Did you install via wp-admin, which required you provide your ftp credentials.

2. Did you unzip files on your local computer + actually push the files to your site with ftp.

If you did #2, the database hooks will never run, so best remove all these files via wp-admin + then reinstall using wp-admin, rather than ftp file push.

David,

When you first install s2Member Pro, you MUST use either FTP or cPanel’s File Manager (or equivalent). You can’t install it like a regular plugin.

David, sorry you got in to this thread late… I followed Tim Kaye’s instructions re ftp and held my mouth just right and it worked!

I have just purchased the Pro package. I have uploaded the framework first via WP’s install plugin. It’s there in the list.
Using Filezilla I have FTP’d the Pro folder according to s2member instructions.

I have done this now about 7 times. Pro will not show up on my site.
s2Member Framework
Settings | Deactivate | Edit
s2Member, a powerful (free) membership plugin for WordPress. Protect/secure members only content with roles/capabilities.

Version 170722 | By s2Member / WebSharks, Inc. | View details

I’m so at a loss at this point. I have read this entire thread and the work-around in this thread doesn’t work for me.
Please help.

PS. I should say that the file path is never as it is in the instructions.
In Filezilla it always ends up being: /public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro

Alissa,

Yes, that’s the right path. (I don’t know which instructions you’ve read, so can’t comment on what they say.)

Have you unzipped the s2Member folder first, and then uploaded the unzipped folder? (If you have, I apologize for asking, but sometimes it’s the little things that get us.)

Are you running any caching or security plugins? If so, try turning them off.

If you have uploaded the folder correctly, can you see what permissions and owner are set for it and its contents? They should match those of the other plugins.

If that’s all as it should be and it still doesn’t work, then do you have access to cPanel? With most hosts, that contains a File Manager, and you can use that to upload the folder instead.

Tim,

The instructions for uploading are here: https://s2member.com/installation/

Yes, I have unzipped the folder first and uploaded the unzipped folder.

I am not running any caching or security plugins.

I am logged into my WP site as the only admin. I have all the permissions and ownership.

Yes I can access my cPanel.

Alissa,

Those instructions are correct. The first part refers to the free framework plugin; only the second part refers to Pro. So when you have Pro correctly installed, you should be able to see the file

/pro-module.php

at

/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/pro-module.php

Ah, the problem is that you don’t have the free plugin installed too. You need them both. Pro won’t work without free being installed.

This is what I see every time.

I have the free plug in installed. I have my WP site open and looking at it now.

But free isn’t showing in the screenshot you have posted.