Profile image upload?

Hi
Can s2M upload an image to be used in the profile?

Sadly I haven’t found a way and I’m using buddypress. Please S2member, can we sort this function out!

Why not just use Basic User Avatars?

I am using basic user avatars as well and I’m looking to move away from it. It hasn’t been updated in over 2 years, plus it’s flawed…I would recommend looking for a different plugin.

How is it flawed? It works perfectly for me.

Who cares about updates if there is nothing that needs updating? Do you think all of WordPress core has been updated within the last two years?

It works for me with some hacks… Images don’t always get properly resized. I have various avatars which don’t have a 150 version (while the image is big enough) or have the full version listed as the 150 version.

Also the images are not uploaded to the media gallery so you can’t hook into them with actions such as regenerate thumbnails or adding a watermark.

So that’s why I prefer to look for a better one… I might code my own with the use of ACF.

I’m using buddypress so people can add their profile picture. My issue is that they don’t. They create their profile without it. I need the profile upload function to be in the initial registraion

Not so easy, but can be done with some custom code - to allow them to upload the image and then to save it like BP does. But really not easy…

Actually, we find that it’s easy with “WP User Avatar” plugin. There also is a Pro version.