Payment through paypal without paypal account?

Hi,

I want my users to be able to pay using papal even if they dont have a papypal acount.
I created a paypal button for level #1 access as “Buy Now (For lifetime access, no recurring, no trial)”.
However, When i click the button that was generated it is only possible to pay with a paypal account.
my question is - what do i need to do in order to allow a payment through paypal without paypal account ?
thanks alot!

PayPal gives their account types so many names I can’t keep up, but you need an account type that allows you to take credit card payments on your site. Check with PayPal to find out what type of account that is for your region.

Thanks! I already have the right type of account. If i create button through Papal I do get the option to pay without an account but through s2Member button I don’t have this option :frowning:

Are you selling a recurring subscription? According to PayPal, paying without a PayPal account is not available for subscriptions.

thanks for your attention :slight_smile:
No, just a one time payment for a lifetime membership :confused:

Instruct people to click “Create account”. If I remember right, Paypal wants to create your account at the first payment, if you don’t have one, so this link should give them possibilities to create account AND to pay with his card.

What if users dont want to create a paypal account?

If they just want to pay using their Bank details?

Ah, I missed the crucial detail. Paying with a button always requires a PayPal account. You need to use s2Member Pro Pro-Forms to pay without a PayPal account.

That’s not possible at all with PayPal. PayPal allows you to collect credit card details on your site with PayPal Pro (processed only with s2Member Pro), but to use a bank account to pay you must have a PayPal account.

No way with PayPal. Use Stripe :slight_smile:

Does Stripe allow paying through a bank account? I wasn’t aware of that. Nice to know.

that s why i want to change but S2member and strip combination cant do what i need :frowning:

Sorry, my fault, didn’t understand you question well… So second answer:

Any payment processor will ask people to create account with them (him?). So no way. To use “bank account info” only you need to have access to the API of the exactly bank (if they provide it). Means, you have to create a new s2M’s payment gateway to each bank, that you want to get money from, what is not possible… So still Stripe would be best choose, I think.

Yes, Stripe itself does allow that. But s2Member doesn’t connect to Stripe in a way that makes it possible to use that capability.

1 Like

I am trying to set my papal account up just like the demo here: https://demo.s2member.com/paypal-checkout/

Notice that when you click the button it brings you into https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/webapps/hermes?token=6CC04096WV210991B&useraction=commit&rm=2&mfid=1498706665659_ac7785f218f69#/checkout/login

And gives you an option to pay with paypal or to use debit / credit card.