Missing Profile Data Field

When a user registers, it shows all of my customized s2Member data fields.

After logging in and going to the “My Profile” page via this shortcode: [s2Member-Profile /], one of the data fields is missing.

Could the database be corrupted? I have had some other search related issues when searching members.

How do I troubleshoot this issue?

Could you check that field’s settings, and see if the visibility one allows him to edit/view it after registration?

s2-field-allow-edits

:slight_smile:

It is set to “Yes (editable)”. Thinking it might need re-setting, I changed to “No”, saved, and then set back to “Yes (editable)”. But the field still does not show when showing the profile, only upon initial registration. Thanks for the thoughts.

Could you show me a screenshot of the field’s configuration?

Field

I also tried to upload a pdf describing but I get “new members cannot add attachment”.

2023-05-07 SigmaChiNetwork Issue-Profile missing Member Chapter.pdf (426.5 KB)

Thanks for the additional details, Larry.

The screenshot of the field’s configuration only shows the first part. Could you also show me the other half?

I am sorry. I do know what you mean whey you say “the other half”. Please elaborate and give me an example.

This screenshot is of the first half of the configuration:

On the right of the box, there’s the scroll bar, and it shows that it’s only half of the full content. There’s the other half, the bottom half, the you can scroll down to. For example:

Ok, here is the bottom half. Sorry for the mis-communications and thank you for helping me trouble-shoot.

Thanks for the screenshot. I see that it seems in order. I don’t really understand yet why it’s missing from the profile form…

Is that the only field behaving like that, or are there others?

If you create another field configure just the same but with a different ID, do you get the same behavior? If you do, could you try changing this test field’s type to another (e.g. checkboxes, textarea, whatever), does the behavior change?

Bad behavior field is named member_chapter. I created another field for DROPDOWN named member_chapter_test. It showed ok on registration and Profile.

I deleted member_chapter. Renamed member_chapter_test to member_chapter. But still same behavior: shows on Registration but not in Profile.

I changed member_chapter from DROPDOWN to CHECKBOXES. But still same behavior: shows on Registration but not in Profile.

All other fields behave correctly. Strange, right? Do you have any other ideas. I would look at changing the name of member_chapter to something else but I have the use of it coded else where.

That’s so odd…

So named member_chapter it doesn’t show on profile, but same field named member_chapter_test does? And you are having the same problem with any other type of field if it’s named member_chapter?

I would look at changing the name of member_chapter to something else but I have the use of it coded else where.

Is this something that could be affecting the profile because of the field’s name? Don’t know how you’re using it, but there’s a slight chance of conflict depending on your customization, so I thought I’d ask…

Well, I don’t know the reason…maybe because the field name starts with “member”…possibly a sacred s2member name.

Fortunately, this member_chapter field usually would not need to be ever changed, I am just going to set “Allow Profile Edit” to No.

Thank you for all of your help.

1 Like

maybe because the field name starts with “member”…possibly a sacred s2member name.

I didn’t think the name would be special. I tried creating a field named member_chapter in my installation, and it showed in the profile without issues. So that confirmed it. It seems specific to your setup, maybe to do with another plugin, the theme, or a customization.

Fortunately, this member_chapter field usually would not need to be ever changed, I am just going to set “Allow Profile Edit” to No.

That’s fine, then.

Thank you for all of your help.

No problem! Any time.