How do I give Someone Free membership?

Hi,

I have a lifetime payment for a product.

How do I give someone login details manually? I want them to access the product without having to pay?

…This product is a bonus for buying other product

Are you giving them login details for the same website as the product they are buying? How are you selling the product? Is it being sold on the s2Member website? We need more details if we are to try and help you.

Yes, I would like to give them login details manually - same website as the product they’re buying.

I’ll be integrating S2Member with JVZoo.

If there’s anymore info. you need please let me know and I’ll reply asap.

Just create their accounts manually using the Add New User panel (WP Dashboard → Users→ Add New. You can set the EOT date (date the subscription expires), if it applies, using the Automatic EOT Time field. Click the ? next to the field label for detailed instructions. (This applies to any field with a ?, by the way.)

Thank you, Pat D.!

From my understanding, I go to this page:

Give them access - I enter their name/email - and give them access as a subscriber?

This is what I have as roles:
Subscriber
Contributor
Author
Editor
Administrator

Hope to hear from you soon.

I think I get it. I’m just not seeing the EOT “?” and am unsure of the role they should get (I think Subscriber).

A subscriber will indeed give the user free access. But you have listed only the default WP roles. If those are really all you’re seeing, then s2Member isn’t active on your site, because you should be seeing four s2Member roles in addition to the defaults.

You beat me to it. @jp1, have you gone through all of the General Options: especially setting up your Login Welcome Page and Membership Options Page? s2Member will not “do it’s thing” until those are set up.

I see. I’ve just installed the plugin and read. All s2member kinks are on today’s agenda (was hammering out video course content).

Thanks for this info. guys, I know what to do now (a lot more than before at least)!