Exporting member information times out

I’m having trouble exporting information on my members. I have over 17000 rows in my user database. I’ve tried exporting a few thousand at a time, but it times out with a 524 error. Is it possible to change how the exporting work so it can generate the export file locally on the server, and allow it to be accessed via ftp? I’d prefer to be able to export all the rows at once, so it would be nice to be able to create the file and save it locally (maybe even zip it first) so it could be accessed, and not trigger a timeout. Maybe send an e-mail when it’s completed so we know when to download the file. Thanks.

Hi Philip.

That’s a great idea! I’m adding it to my list of feature requests to improve the exporter.

That error number makes me think of CloudFlare. Are you using it? Then you may be able to tweak your configuration to avoid that behavior. Site crash caused by S2

:slight_smile:

I usually just increase my PHP and WP memory limits, but you can’t usually do that on shared hosting.

Lately I export my db and import into a local dev environment, but that’s even more advanced.

But I’ve only got almost 16K in my users db for my largest site so you have me beat.

I’m running a 4GB EC2 instance and db.t3.medium Aurora instance so it might just be the hardware.

And, I’m using Cloudflare (correctly).