Zen to Comet migration

I followed the instructions here: https://cometcache.com/kb-article/how-to-migrate-from-zencache-lite-to-comet-cache-lite/

After following steps 1-5, I then tried to activate comet cache and received an error in Safari “can’t open the page”. So, with ftp I deleted comet cache and the site works fine. I tried to upload zencache again, when I activate it, I get the “can’t open page” - using ftp I delete that plugin - then try with comet cache, same issue. It seems like on this particular website that the migration from zen to comet is being problematic. I cannot activate comet or zen on this site now. Anyone able to provide ideas? Guidance?

Thanks in advance!

I was able to reproduce the same error on a second site I have, different theme…
I can’t go back to zencache and cannot use comet cache on either site now.

I suggest taking a look at this: https://cometcache.com/kb-article/troubleshooting-comet-cache/

Specifically, I suggest that you follow the guidance in the section headed “Other Caching Plugins”

Thank you for the good suggestions Tim.
I deactivated all plugins and changed my theme to 2015… when I activate Comet Cache it continues to give me an error. I have followed the suggestions to edit the wp-config file, delete the advanced cache file and delete the zencache folder inside the cache folder. It has worked on several sites without issue, all are on the same server, it is this one site that continues to be stubborn.

@cjk Try following the manual uninstallation instructions. Once that’s done, try reinstalling and activating ZenCache, disabling Plugin Deletion Safeguards (ZenCache → Plugin Options → Plugin Deletion Safeguards), then deactivating and deleting the plugin (from within WordPress).

With Plugin Deletion Safeguards disabled, any ZenCache-related settings in the WordPress database will be cleared out when you delete the plugin from within the WordPress Plugins list. We’ve had a few cases where getting rid of those database options first was required to get Comet Cache working.

Hi raamdev,
I did manage to get another site behaving a couple days ago by following the manual uninstallation instructions (ftp).
I have 4 live sites - 2 of which migrated to comet without a hitch. The third I had similar problems but managed to do the manual uninstall with success. The 4th and final one still has errors when I reinstall comet cache after manual uninstall of zencache.
I am giving it one more try. Following the manual uninstall with ftp instructions, and this time trying to install zen while all plugins and custom theme are deactivated.
I think maybe it had something to do with my theme, Reinstalling zen with a clean install, then confirming the settings Plugin Deletion Safeguards disabled, deactivating and deleting zen and then installing comet seems to be the ticket.

Thanks!