Wrong Role Assigned to Paying Member

I have a site www.startinghospitality.com. A user has two options: 1) signup to the newsletter and get access to some free downloads, or 2) Pay a price for a lifetime membership and unlimited downloads (1, Bronze). Currently the newsletter assigns the right role (0, Free). When a user using the Paypal option they are assigned as Free Subscriber. Not sure what steps I’m missing.

P.s. I currently have a coming soon setup on there but I can remove that if necessary.

Could you paste your shortcode here?

This is the paypal button code. Is this what you are looking for?

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="2" ccaps="" desc="Silver Member / description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.startinghospitality.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="150" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

It’s easier to look directly at the shortcode rather than to ask a series of questions about it. Yours looks fine to me.

How are you testing this? If you’re using the PayPal sandbox, that’s notorious for causing problems. I’d try a small test payment using a live PayPal account.

@juanedcabrera: Please check if user is set to L2, instead of L1 - this shows your shortcode…

Hi Everyone,

I am testing it on a live Paypal, no sandbox. I have it set to L2 but it put them in as Free Subscriber after payment.

Then I think you need to test for a theme or plugin conflict by reverting to a default theme, turning all other plugins off, and seeing if it works then.