Wrapped Pro-form shortcode

I have one checkout Pro-Form that uses 2 options and those options are available with wrapped Pro-form codes. That works fine.

I am trying now to use the same “code” to offer Gift Certificates in 2 or 3 different amounts. It does not seem to work as I would expect so I am not sure why. I keep getting a warning that there is more than one form on the page.

Here is the code I am trying to set up:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form]

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form sp=“1” ids=“23064” exp=“438291” desc="$100 off (For a year of DIAMOND membership)" ps=“paypal” lc="" cc=“USD” dg=“0” ns=“1” custom=“scrapbookcampus.com” ra=“250” accept=“paypal” accept_via_paypal=“paypal” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” default_country_code="" captcha=“0” /]

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form sp=“1” ids=“23064” exp=“438291” desc="$50 off (For a year of DIAMOND membership)" ps=“paypal” lc="" cc=“USD” dg=“0” ns=“1” custom=“scrapbookcampus.com” ra=“250” accept=“paypal” accept_via_paypal=“paypal” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” default_country_code="" captcha=“0” /]

[/s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form]

Am I use the code wrong, or is it just not working when using it for Gift Certificates?

That should work fine.

Are the double-quotes in the shortcode attributes as you posted them here, or are they correct on your site?

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form]
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form sp="1" ids="23064" exp="438291" desc="$100 off (For a year of DIAMOND membership)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="scrapbookcampus.com" ra="250" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form sp="1" ids="23064" exp="438291" desc="$50 off (For a year of DIAMOND membership)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="scrapbookcampus.com" ra="250" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]
[/s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form]

I copied what is on the site. Initially, there was a single “form” and it seemed to work fine. I just doubled (copied/pasted) with a different amount and wrapped both inside the [s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form].

Now, copying YOUR code, it works. What was different??

Noow, if this code works, person A could buy a gift certificate for person B. That is my goal. Now, from the code above, the gift code would be applicable only on a certain checkout page where the pro-form is. Since that pro-form has options for 2 different membership (one monthly, one yearly), is there a way to apply the gift certificate only to the annual option?

Since the monthly option is $25/month, what would happen if one was to try to apply the gift certificate of $100 to the monthly option?

Now, copying YOUR code, it works. What was different??

The quotes is all I fixed.

is there a way to apply the gift certificate only to the annual option?

You can enable coupons for the annual one, but disable them for the monthly.

Since that pro-form has options for 2 different membership (one monthly, one yearly)

Specific post/page access can only be sold through buy-nows. For subscription you’d need to use the level restriction.

I hope that helps. :slight_smile:

So, I would not work with a ccap conditional?
My checkout page is here: https://scrapbookcampus.com/creative-scrap/diamond/

Now, what would happen if someone buys a gift certificate of $100, and it gets used on a subscription that is $25/month? Where would it be applied (if at all)?

Not if you sold the access as a specific post/page (your shortcode says sp=“1”). That access is in the URL, not added to a user’s account, that’s why it can be sold to visitors without having them register. So you can’t give him a ccap when selling the specific post/page access.

Now, what would happen if someone buys a gift certificate of $100, and it gets used on a subscription that is $25/month? Where would it be applied (if at all)?

The gift cert will do its thing when applied to a pro-form, doesn’t discriminate which. Best thing I can think of right now is to remove the coupon field from the form where you don’t want it used.

:slight_smile:

Although, I might have missed on the code for the Gift Certificate, I might be unclear. I have two membership options: one monthly ($25/month) and one yearly ($250/year). They do have ccaps but they ALSO have a specific level. Can I create a GC that will be applied to that? It is not a Buy Now or a specific post/page access (unless you count the form where the GC will be used as that post/page access?)

Maybe I am just misunderstanding the way the GC works?

I was referring to the shortcodes, they’re to sell specific post/page access, which is not the same as level or ccaps. See these attributes: sp="1" ids="23064" exp="438291"

:slight_smile:

Yes, I was selling access to a specific page where the GC code is generated. I followed the instructions here:

My idea is to promote, for the Holidays, an option for potential members, to ask for a Christmas present that someone can buy them a Gift Certificate for them to join the membership. Then, the recipient would use that code to purchase the membership (hopefully, the $250/year one).

Isn’t that how it would work?

Can you clarify if that Gift certificate can work or not, in purchasing a membership (or a course) f person A buys it, and gives it to person B to apply to a specific page where the checkout is?