What's the correct way to convert existing paid members to free?

I have a paid membership of about 100 who are all long term, recurring Paypal payers. I’m wanting to gift those members a lifetime membership for free and halt all payments from them.

In the future I shall be re-opening the doors as a one-off, lifetime payment for new members but the original members will not be being charged if they wish to stay.

What’s the best way of stopping payment for an existing account while maintaining their access?

Thanks

Peter

Cancel their subscriptions by Paypal, and then set them to the same level, both manually.

Or, create a “modification” button so they can to cancel subscriptions themself. With Pro version you also will be able to set them to the same level for free.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

It’s a shame there isn’t an easier way to do it than actioning stuff in PayPal and S2 and it’s certainly a pain having to do this for each and every member, one at a time.

One more way, may be faster, but needs Pro version: export them, create need CSV to cancel them all by Paypal, then export them again, change the level, import all them.