What happens with S2Member if this domain expires in January?

To Cristian or anyone who works directly on S2Member,

This domain is currently set to expire at the end of January 2019. Will the domain be renewed? If not, and this domain expires, will it affect S2Member Pro licenses, or will they continue working as normal after January?

Thank you.

Thanks for the note, we know. Will not expire.

Don’t worry, it will be renewed. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys. :slight_smile:

Just out of curiosity though, do S2Member Pro licenses need to check the wpsharks domain for validation? I have a single site license that I’ve been using for several years (and would gladly pay a yearly fee, rather than a one-time payment, to help with continued development… fyi). Would the license stop working if the wpsharks domain expired? Just a hypothetical question.

The s2Member Pro copy you already have on your site would keep working, just as you can test on your local machine offline, if you wanted to. You would not be able to download it again, though, but that’d be a given if the site were offline.

Thanks Cristian. I figured it would keep working, but others on this forum have been suggesting otherwise.

Unless that was changed while I was away, but I doubt it.

@clavaque - There are actually a number of domain names that s2 has used over the years that are essential . I think it’s important that they all be maintained and/or content moved to some publicly available location.

I’ll try to get a list of as many as I can find but off the top of my head Primothemes.com contains a massive amount of knowledge. It was the old community forums.

Yes, Sonja, you’re correct. I wouldn’t want that knowledge to be lost.

I’m looking into that as well. PrimoThemes’ forums is where I started. :slight_smile:

I remember. You helped me out a number of times directly and indirectly via threads on the forums.You also helped clients of mine as well. And I went on to provide presentations on s2 at our local WP meetups, which I recently started co-organizing.

The other not quite as old forums are at https://www.s2member.com/forums. Hope those are preserved as well.

1 Like

https://www.websharks-inc.com is another domain that might have some neglected pages. Like maybe
https://www.websharks-inc.com/team/ ?

That’s so nice! I’m so glad I was able to help you so much. You made my day! I look forward to keep doing it in the future. :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s the other important forum. And then there are the helpdesk tickets which are private. I didn’t like those because it kept the solutions out of sight, I much prefer forums. I’d love to combine all three forums into one, so that it’s all in the same place.

Hey Cristián, I am only logging in and replying BECAUSE I saw your avatar(?) in the email! :smile:
For many years I had gotten the impression you had left for good (and the elusive replies of other “staff”(?) corroborated that impression).

So glad you’re back!!

Can you please answer what truth is in all those rumors included in the many past forum emails about “end of s2m” that concerned me?
Has Jason left and that’s why we hear nothing and no updates?

It’s good to see you! Thanks for dropping by to say hi. :slight_smile:

I was away, haven’t been in the team for 3 or 4 years…

I am back, though. I hope for a long time.

I can’t tell you specifics about what has happened in the last years, but I think I’ll know more in a couple of weeks.

s2Member is not over, and it’ll continue going strong. :wink:

1 Like

Great to have you back! Thanks!
“s2Member is not over, and it’ll continue going strong”
That will be a great relief for thousands of customers … many who already posted they need to find a new plugin…

FYI Cristián: Your video HERE plays, but in the email from “WPSharks Forum” it is a link “https://www.youtube.com/embed/GDpmVUEjagg” which says “Video unavailable”. Just so you know, you are the geek to figure out why. LOL

As I posted earlier, it would be SUCH a shame if this greatest of all membership plugins were to go dead like fish in the Seine… :roll:

(my humor)

1 Like

As much as I appreciate the reassuring words, I’ll feel a whole lot better when I see an actual update.

1 Like

Quick update: s2member.com has been renewed.

Great news. Now we just need an actual plugin update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

wpsharks.com is going to expire on 27th Jan 2019. Anyone going to help renew this? Otherwise this forum is going to disappear soon.

The wpsharks.com domain name has been renewed. The whois records just seem to be a bit behind, but they should reflect it soon. :slight_smile: