What activation key?

Hi,

I use open registration.
With a test registration I receive the mail with the confirmation link, so that works :wink:
When I click on that confirmation link I land on a page that the user must 'provide a valid activation key to complete the registration. But I don’t understand what ‘activation key’ is mentioned here.

When I enter a kind of random password I get the message ‘invalid activation key’.

What must I enter here?

But I really prefer that the user has completed the registration after clicking on the confirmation link in the email. Is that possible and which settings must I change for that?

Thank you very much for your help already

With kind regards,
Klaziena

It sounds as though you have a conflict with another plugin (or your theme).

Hi,

How do you mean?

Must the user receive that ‘activaction key’ by mail, or can that ‘activation key’ be a made up password by the user, or…?

Do you mean with that conflict that the user doesn’t receive that activation key? Or is the conflict that after clicking on the link in the confirmation mail that the user must enter that activation key and when it works correctly the user is immediately activated?

I’ve especially bought the them X that is build for s2member, so I don’t believe the thema can give a conflict.

I hope you can explain to me what you mean.

That you very much already

With kind regards,
Klaziena

Deactivate all other plugins. Does it work then?