User Profiles Made Easy - UPME integration

Hi there,
I use a membership plug-in called UPME - user profiles made easy. I have set it up on my test website. I have used it a number of times in the past and it is a very nice looking interface for user profiles.
I use UPME to register users.
UPME shortcodes can be used on pages to prevent data being displayed to non members.
Whole pages can also be made private except for members.
What UPME doesn’t do is take payments and control subscriptions.
I have installed s2member to do this.
I only have one type of member and they all pay the same amount - 21 pounds.
If I just had to take payments once, UPME would be OK - I could get users to pay using a paypal button and then direct them to the UPME registration form.
However I can’t do anything if they cancel their subscription on Paypal as UPME wouldn’t know…

What I would like to know is:
Has anyone here used UPMe with s2member?
Can I use the UPME profile to register and then redirect users to the s2member part where it takes
paypal payments.
It looks like there is some communication with the plugins but it’s confusing.
If I am not signed in with UPME and I go to the register page then the UPME screen comes up to register.
If I am signed in and I go to the register page, the s2member register page comes up but it has the UPME user fields -all blank.
I am unsure whether I should use the s2member page for registration and then use the UPME pages for everything else.
Will the EOT side of things still work if I have UPME installed?

Also, UPME works with BBPress which I also have installed.If a user has registered with UPME and they try to sign in with their UPME login details to the forum, they can. This shows it’s compatible with that user setup/user fields.

My topic is a bit confused - I basically want to know if the EOT work with another membership plug-in and has anyone used s2member with a similar plug-in to UPME?

I appreciate any help
Thanks,
Clare

I would simply suggest doing this.

1. Use s2Member to register new users. If you’re not going to do this, there is very little point in using s2Member at all.

2. Restrict access to your UPME shortcode or page(s) to those logged in (perhaps even on the Login Welcome Page).

HI Tim,
Thanks for answering so quickly!
I need s2member for the recurring subscription part of things so that’s why I’m installed it.

So the s2member registration page is operating correctly?
With UPME, if you’re signed in, the Registration page becomes a profile display page, not a registration page.It knows that the user is signed in so it won’t let them Register.

With s2member does the Register page still allow Registation if you’re signed in?
That’s fine if it does - users just have to use their common sense and not try to register again.

I just was a bit confused when the s2member Registration page came up with blank fields once the user was signed in. I signed in using the UPME sign-in page.
Is this normal that the registration page has blank fields if you gon in and you’re already signed in?
I ask just in case it’s conflicting with the UPME profile plugin.

Clare.

There is no such thing as the s2Member registration page. There is the default WP registration page, which you can use for free registrations if you wish. And there are s2Member registration shortcodes, which you can place wherever you want.

It’s not clear to me which one you are talking about, though I assume you are using the free rather than the Pro version of s2Member. I would recommend using Pro in order to be able to use forms instead of buttons.

I created a page with the s2member registration shortcode. that’s what I was referring to.

With the s2member Pro version, do you need a paypal pro account?
My client has a paypal business account.

How doe the Paypal form work? Is it a form that you create with the user fields to be polulated on registration and has the payment options.Then when you click the register button, the payment is processed in Paypal?

No but, without it, payment will still take place at PayPal rather than on your own site.

Yes except that, if you have PayPal Pro, it will all happen on your own site.

Now that I know you were referring to a page with an s2Member shortcode on it, there is one thing I’d caution you about. Themes and plugins on Envato, which is where I see UPME is sold, are typically not coded according to best WP practices. There are exceptions, of course, but if that plugin doesn’t offer a free version on wordpress.org and you’re seeing incompatibilities with s2Member, then my guess is that UPME has not been designed to integrate with other plugins.

So before making the plunge to buy s2Member Pro, I’d suggest that you contact UPME about the conflicts you’re seeing, which are almost certainly caused by that plugin. In any event, that is a paid plugin whereas s2Member is free, so the UPME developers should aid you, their customer, by downloading s2Member.

If they aren’t willing or able to help, then you’ll have to choose whether you want to use UPME or s2Member.

Thanks for your help.
I’m going to switch UPME off and see how s2member works without it.
I haven’t ran it without UPME so I’m not sure if there conflicts or that’s the design of s2member.
I stuck with UPME so far as it’s works well with bbpress. I also have a bbpress forum on that site. Since it works without conflict with UPME I thought other plugins would.

Clare.