Upgrading (and downgrading) Tiers

Hello! I’ve been doing research on how to offer the ability to upgrade/downgrade memberships because we want to offer more tiers, but I’m still having trouble. I did manage to get it to work and upgrade the tier, but it didn’t cancel the lower tier payment; it only added a new payment. (I’ve been testing this on a dummy account of my own.)

Basically, what I need help with is how on earth to do this in one page. It won’t let me do multiple forms even with conditionals for level (since it shows you the earlier tiers at higher tiers), and I’m not exactly sure how to direct people to the right place. I’ve been staring at the documents, which indicate this is possible:

Integrating Conditionals: Since each Modification Form is configured for a specific Level, you may want to create multiple Modification Forms, one for each combination you intend to make available. s2Member’s API Conditionals can help you display the proper Form to each Customer, based on the status of their existing account. For further details, see: s2Member → API Scripting .

But when I try to do the scripting based on tier, it gives me an error message that multiple versions of the form exist, so it isn’t showing it by tier… Does that make any sense?

Does anyone who has made this work have any advice?

TIA.

Hi Raissa,

Could you show me the shortcodes you’re using? e.g. button/form, conditionals.

:slight_smile:

No laughing, okay? LOL. I’m teaching myself. So this is what I started with, but it’s trying to show me the lower tier stuff too… Also, I haven’t yet been able to make the different payment options work with the Paypal setting. It would give people an error message so I’ve been deleting everything that isn’t paypal and linking to another page for Stripe. It’s probably stupidly obvious but I’m learning as I go – glad to see you’re still around, @clavaque!

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level4)] Some premium content for Level 4 Members. [/s2If]

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level3)] Some premium content for Level 3 Members. Test to upgrade 3 to 4

form

[/s2If]

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level2)] Upgrade Level 2 Members to level 3 test text.

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form modify="1" level="3" ccaps="" desc="Upgrade to level 3." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="wolfandphoenix.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

[/s2If]

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level1)] Upgrade from Level 1 to Level 2 test. [/s2If]

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form modify="1" level="2" ccaps="" desc="Upgrade to Level 2" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="wolfandphoenix.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level0)] Some content for Free Subscribers. [/s2If]

[s2If !current_user_can(access_s2member_level0)] Some public content. [/s2If]

Oh, also when I did set it up with just one sign up form on a page, I was able to upgrade my test account, but it didn’t cancel the old subscription. I tried following the directions. Is something broken in the code I’m using? I pulled it right from the text.

Thanks for the shortcodes.

I see that the “Upgrade to Level 2” pro-form is not inside the conditional, so it’d always show, and then you could have someone with a different level get shown that and another pro-form, causing the warning you got. Could that be it?

I’ll check what you said about upgrades. Is that with those same shortcodes?

:slight_smile:

This is like taking your car to the shop, because everything works now. Yeah, I’d missed a conditional, which was what was doing it. (SIGH.) The upgrade payment/cancelation also worked this time, of course.

Can you have upgrades and downgrades on the same page? It would need to be in the conditional too, right? Which you can’t have two of? I can just have upgrade and downgrade options on different pages, so it’s not a huge deal, but it’d be easier if it was all on one page.

1 Like

Great! Glad it was that simple. :slight_smile:

Yes, better not on the same page so they don’t conflict.