Upgrade to s2member pro version

Bought s2m tried to upgrade to s2m pro version but it keeps telling me my email is already in use…WELLOF COURSE IT IS!
Any suggestions?

What is “it”? In other words, where and when are you seeing this message? And can you set out the steps you’ve taken?

I tried to pay for the upgrade and the purchase failed because “my email is already in use”. I now can’t use s2m and cans log in to my Wordpress site

I’m at my wits end with this!

Phil

Hi again Tim
I try to log in to my WP site and it takes me to s2m login page…is that right? Do I now always log in through s2m?
I am now waiting for time to pass before I can request a new password as I have too many failed attempts…this is chaos! I now seem to be locked out of everything!
I am so confused I have no idea what to do next.
Phil

Phill, remember what is typed on the top cower of “Hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy” book? “Don’t panic”.

Just describe what you try, and what you get, step by step, so we can understand what is wrong. I would suggest you to do all your tests again, but write down any step, click, page you see (better with URL), message you get etc. You can not be completely locked out from your WP site, ever! So there is a way in, but we have to find it. And you have to describe what goings on your site.

OK …deep breath…

1. At present when I try to log in on my wordpress site (
    www.beyondstorytime.com) I get taken to a login page for s2member

I have tried to log in a number of times using my usual password with no
success…message was that my user name was incorrect (???)

I tried resetting the password several times but am now refused access
because of too many attempts.

Q: I Have been trying to activate the s2member plugin for my site…does
this mean that I will always log in in future through s2member? I am now
waiting for the 30 mins to elapse before trying to log in again (about 10
mins to go). I m now a bit confused as to which password to use. When I try
to log in to the main wordpress site WP-ADMIN url I get passed to s2member

Q: I have been trying to upgrade to s2member Pro version so that I can use
gift/promo codes on the site. When I tried to pay (three times) the
purchase refused to complete giving the message that my email was already
in use. Did I do something wrong?

Sorry for the evident frustration…I have wasted an afternoon on this and
I am sure it will turn out to be because of my stupidity (it usually is).

Thanks for your patience

Phil

Hi again

Looks like I answered my own question…well the first one anyway. It seems
that I now log in thru s2member. That is now clear and the p/w is now reset
ok.

Still have then second question about the upgrade to s2m pro
version…I’ll look at that again tomorrow morning

Phil

@philipthomas, You keep saying that you login through s2Member. That’s actually impossible – and one of the reasons why I have had difficulty in following what you are saying. s2Member simply doesn’t have a login form.

Do you mean you are now logging in through the regular WP login form, but that it’s customized by s2Member? If so, how were you logging in before?

As far as upgrading to Pro is concerned, I think the problem is that you are trying to buy it while logged out. You need to log in to the s2Member site and then make the purchase. That way, it will recognize you and won’t try to duplicate your email address.

Ok Tim
Thanks for yor patience. Finally got the login solved and my purchase of
s2m pro. My only remaining issue is that FileZilla won’t upload the s2m
files to Wordpress. I am hosted on Bluehost. As far as I can see I am using
correct domain, user name and password but the FTP breaks down at the
password. I am using port 21. Is there something else I need to do with
FileZilla? Or is there a better FTP client to use?
Phil

@philipthomas, FileZilla is exactly the right tool to use. But you will need a different password from the one you use to access your site through WP, because FileZilla is accessing your server, not WP. There should be a setting in your cPanel somewhere to enable you to set or reset your FTP password. If you can’t find it, Bluehost should be able to tell you what to do.

Thanks Tim
I’ll sort that tomorrow morning. Sorry to be such a klutz!
Phil