Updating current Recurring billing profiles in paypal

We are changing prices for access to our membership site. I have found some articles in regards to options, mainly this one https://s2member.com/kb-article/how-can-i-change-how-much-my-paypal-customers-are-paying-for-access/.

First question: I have found that paypal payflow unable to update prices for accounts that are paid via paypal account (not credit cards). Is that true, or does anyone know a way for this to happen.

Second question: From the link provided above, I can have people upgrade/downgrade to the new price. I am not worried about dynamically programming the form. I want to know if there are or will be any issues for a member at level1 to “upgrade” to the same level1. Will this automatically and instantly put them on the new plan?

I am just trying to figure out which way is best.
Thanks in advance!

There are no problems with using a Billing Modification shortcode to modify the terms of the subscription while remaining at the same level. That said, at one time I know there was a limit in-place at PayPal on how much a price could be increased on an existing recurring subscription. You’d need to check with PayPal to see if this is still true and what the allowed price difference is.