Update to address new-user.php patch

Back at the beginning of 2018, I submitted a github issue about new-user.php not being automatically patched in WP 4.9+: https://github.com/wpsharks/s2member/issues/1132

This issue has been closed a long time, and supposedly has been patched in a dev version shortly afterwards, however, the latest downloadable version is still from 2017 and it does not include this patch.

This issue represents a compatibility issue with Multisite installs, and it would be great to see whatever patch was put in place for this over a year ago to ultimately be released for us who depend on this feature and cringe whenever a WP update is released.

Thanks for looking into this and for bringing us an updated Pro version!
~Cam

2 Likes

Hi Camden!

Thanks for telling me about it.

Yes, I’ll have to review previous patches that were not tested yet, and this would be one of them if it’s there waiting to be released.

I will first release the updates to the beta testers list, and then publicly when ready.

:slight_smile:

Thanks for your response and I’m eager to see this released for all of us.

About how long (on average) do updates stay in the beta testers list before being publicly released?

1 Like

I don’t have an average. It’ll depend on the feedback I get. :slight_smile:

Understood. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any update on this?

Thanks in advance.
~Cam

1 Like

Hi Ross.

No, not yet, but I have it in my list to add it, so you don’t have to. :slight_smile: