Unable to verify POST vars (clickbank)

Hi everyone,
I’m a newbie here, I’m testing the s2member plugin with clickbank payment. I’ve set everything but when I’m testing with their credit card I got this message:

“ERROR: Unable to verify POST vars. Please contact Support for assistance.
This is most likely related to an invalid ClickBank configuration. If you are the site owner, please check: s2Member -> ClickBank Options.”

I’ve read some guides on the s2member forum but nothing worked, can anyone help me, please?
Thanks.

Hi Hoje.

Could you enable logging so we get more info from the transaction? WP Admin > s2Member > Log Files

And also run the Server Scanner tool, to see what it says? (you can ignore the mysql and mcrypt messages) https://s2member.com/kb-article/server-scanner/

:slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply, I run the Server Scanner tool and I got this: [ERROR] cURL Extension / Or fopen() URL

is that causing the problem? if so, how can i fix it?

Yes, that could be causing that problem.

Contact your webhost about it, they should be able to help sort it out.

Hi guys - I have having the same issue with “Unable to verify POST vars”. I have doubled checked the clickbank options and everything looks OK. I can only get 2.1 version working for IPN as v6 says the URL is invalid. All logs look OK except for the clickbank-rtn.log

I also checked the php file and allow_url_fopen is enabled. Please help.

‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘Unable to verify POST vars. This is most likely related to an invalid ClickBank configuration. Please check: s2Member → ClickBank Options.’,
1 => ‘If you’re absolutely SURE that your ClickBank configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure \$_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect to ClickBank over an HTTPS connection.’,
2 => ‘s2Member uses the WP_Http class for remote connections; which will try to use cURL first, and then fall back on the FOPEN method when cURL is not available. On a Windows server, you may have to disable your cURL extension. Instead, set allow_url_fopen = yes in your php.ini file. The cURL extension (usually) does NOT support SSL connections on a Windows server.’,
3 => ‘array (
‘s2member_pro_clickbank_return’ => ‘1’,
‘iv’ => ‘MEEyOEE0QjZCQzk2NDI4Mg==’,
‘params’ => ‘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’,
)’,
4 => ‘Redirecting Customer to the Home Page, due to an error that occurred.’,
),

I also ran the server scanner and everything passed. FYI. Thanks.

Hi quarta77,

Was your CB integration working before and now it stopped, or are you just configuring it for the first time? When you say it doesn’t validate the v6 URL, does it give any specifics?

This is a first time configuration. In CB, when I enter the ipn v6t url, it says its an invalid URL.

Thanks. I will look into this.

If you get any other details that could help with this, let me know.

I’m suspecting it may be because the word ClickBank is in the URL, which they didn’t have a problem with before, but may have changed now.

Okay, here’s something to try:

In this file: s2member-pro/src/includes/classes/gateways/clickbank/clickbank-notify.inc.php

Find this line:

if(!empty($_GET['s2member_pro_clickbank_notify']))

And add right before it these lines:

if (!empty($_GET['s2member_pro_cb_notify']))
				$_GET['s2member_pro_clickbank_notify'] = $_GET['s2member_pro_cb_notify'];

Then get your IPN URL from WP Admin > s2Member Pro > ClickBank Options > ClickBank IPN

and change the clickbank into cb, so the URL will look something like this (with your domain, of course): http://yoursite.com/?s2member_pro_cb_notify=6

See if ClickBank will accept that URL and let me know, please.

So that worked, as in the PIN v6 URL works within the CB interface. However, I get the same error when trying to access the digital download link from the CB payment summary page - ERROR: Unable to verify POST vars. Please contact Support for assistance.

This is most likely related to an invalid ClickBank configuration. If you are the site owner, please check: s2Member → ClickBank Options.

Thanks for the update. Cool, making progress.

I saw the link to the server scanner report you sent by email. That all seems okay.

You have logging enabled, right? What do the log entries say for this test? I’d first change the core-rtn one, but would look in the other log files, too.