Truncated Downloads - Help!

Hey guys and gals… ive got members complaining that downloads aren’t completing fully… ive tried this myself and happens to me too… for example a 1.6gig file stopped at 976mb… its completely random though, sometimes it downloads the files in full, othertimes not… My hosts have looked at things and can’t see anything untoward. Has anybody else experienced this, can you help please???

Thanks

Nick

BTW… using a download manager “seems” to fix the problem - obviously its not ideal but thought it might help mentioning.

Some more info… its seems to cut off the download after 8 or so minutes… and If I download a few at at time, they all stop within seconds of each other…? Any ideas what this could be???

Who is your host? Despite what they say, it’s almost certainly where the problem lies.

Hi, thanks for replying… my hosting is with Dreamhost.com

I don’t recall seeing any threads about them but, if you’re on a cheap shared hosting package, that will almost certainly be the problem.

its a dedicated server…

Since it’s dedicated server, I would check settings of the WEB server, may have some limitations about the connection time. May need Sysadmin (or ask me) to do that. Also, is there any caches? May need to exclude these files from caching. Note that you may have caches at several levels.

Krum, is there anyway I can private message you? My hosts have told me why my downloads are cutting out, and would like to run it though you to see what you think??? Thanks :smiley: