Trouble with custom post type

I’m starting with this and English in not my mothertonge, so please, be kind :slight_smile:

I’m trying to create an user which ONLY can see/edit and create a certain custom post type (i have several).

Should I restrict access to all the other custom post/pages/etc? Or is there an easier way to do that.

I’ve tried but my only achive has been create a user that can do… well, nothing. Not even change his own profile.

Thank you in advance.

First, make sure you have set up a Login Welcome Page (LWP) and a Membership Options Page (MOP) in General Options.

Then let’s say that your custom post type is called book. Now go to Restriction Options -> Post Access Restrictions and type all-book in the box for the relevant level. Then scroll to then end of the page and hit Save All Changes.

This will ensure that only those with access to this level will be able to access the book custom post type (CPT) on the front-end.

Note, though, that s2Member doesn’t regulate admin page access in the same way. It’s just either on or off; s2Member cannot regulate who gets to see the book CPT from the admin pages.

If you want to regulate who can create such CPTs, you will either need custom code, or another plugin, or else you could force them to create such CPTs from the front-end by using an appropriate form.

1 Like

Clear enough. I was trying to do that in backend T_T

Thank you :slight_smile: