Trial period greater than 365 days?

Hi all,

Our club site membership runs from Jan 1st for a year. So all members will renew on Jan 1st every year. I have setup our Stripe ProForm to calculate the number of days to the end of the year - which is used as the duration for a paid trial (full price), the member is then prompted to renew on Jan 1st thereafter.

We don’t want to charge new members a full year if they should join in December (when they’ll have to renew their membership again in January). To this end, I changed the logic on the form to allow up to thirteen months for their initial trial (if the date of registration is between December 1st and 31st). However during testing, I noticed that S2Member doesn’t allow trials greater than 365 days in duration. This appears to be a restriction on the S2Member side rather than the Stripe end. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Stripe doesn’t allow subscription periods longer than a year.

Hi Tim,
Thanks for the quick reply. The subscription period is set to occur annually, we only require the trial period to be up to 396 days long. The Stripe API docs don’t mention any limit on the trial period length. Of course, this doesn’t mean there isn’t a limit - just a bit confused as to why this limit would exist.

I think it’s just an a security measure. But you check with Stripe.