Trial -> One Time Payment

Hello,

I have a question. Is it possible to have a N days of free trial and once the trial is over, the user is billed automatically just ONE time only.

Example, let’s say 7 days free trial and then 3 months access with one time payment, so:

1. 7 days free trial.
  2. At the end of 7 days trial, user is automatically billed for 3 months. This is a one time payment for 3 months, not recurring!

Using PayPal as payment.

Yes. Just choose any of the non-recurring options from the drop-down box on the shortcode generator.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Something like this?

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="7 Days free / then $0.01 USD + tax / One Time (for 6 month access, non-recurring)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="*******" ta="0" tp="7" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="6" rt="M" rr="0" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

I’ve replaced CUSTOM value…

What happens with above is this (let’s ignore the one day grace period as it is easier :)):

• User registers and enters 7 days trial (Okay)
    (PayPal creates a RP profile)
    (Payment date and also there is a END date which is the same as payment date, at the end of 7 days)

• On the 7th day (end of trial), PayPal makes charge to the customer (all okay) and then PayPal sets the RP profile to expire. Which probably happens as there is an END date set in the profile that PayPal returns.

• Next time S2 makes a call (let’s say two hours after the PayPal makes the change to RP profile) to check if the payment was successful, PayPal returns that the RP profile has expired.

• As a result, S2 demotes the user and that’s it.

Instead the user should have 6 months of access.

Why?

I made a test payment and was checking this process and it happens exactly as above.

This is the second thread I’ve seen reporting this issue. Please see this GitHub issue: https://github.com/websharks/s2member/issues/1077. Leave a comment saying you are having the same issue, if you don’t mind. Jason is actively working on this issue.