Thank You After Registration Question

Hi forum, I am really confused now about what to do at this step. This is what I want to do. 1st. After registration through Stripe registration proform, I want the user to go to a one time thank you page that will include a login link to their membership level login welcome page (three Levels 0, 1, 2). So imy regitration path would be: Registration> Thank you page> Login Welcome page.

It sounds so simple but I’m having an awful har time putting it together. Can you help so I can get this basic membership done so I can move on.? Can anyone help? :confused:

Hi Tony.

If you’re using the s2Member pro-form, set the success attribute to your thank-you page. WP Admin > s2Member Pro > Stripe Pro-Forms > Custom Return URLs Upon Success

In the thank-you page you could add the login widget. https://s2member.com/kb-article/pro-login-widget/

You may also be interested in this: https://s2member.com/kb-article/auto-login-on-registration/

I hope that helps. :slight_smile:

Hi Cristián, I just wanted to thank you for your direction. You have been of great help in me getting my S2Member site up and running. Although I still have a ways to go yet. Thanks again!

1 Like

You’re very welcome! It’s a pleasure. :smiley:

Hi Cristian. I finished my troubleshooting test and finally have s2Member going through the registration process with no warnings returning. However I do have two related issues happening 1. the free member registration confirmation page sent does not include a free member user password. It sends a link where the new member can set their own password. Shouldn’t this message provide a unique password for the free subscriber. The message does include the members user name. Here’s what the message looks like:

DIY INTERNET MARKETER. COM tontyp1@verizon.net via diyinternetmarketer.com
10:09 PM (4 minutes ago)
to me

Your Username/Password for:
DIY INTERNET MARKETER. COM INSIDER’S ONLY MEMBERSHIP

Username: MicahTest
To set your password, visit: https://diyinternetmarketer.com/wp-login.php?action=rp&key=bIMFlPMP7KSOUNyN3Lhc&login=MicahTest
Is this the way the message should look?

Second, after registration the member is not redirected to my thank you success page. But to the login screen. I have added the success redirect attribute to all 3 of my Stripe Pro Form Registration pages. That’s 3 membership levels = 3 Pro forms Registration pages. This is the code for my level one registration. Is this the correct code?

“[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“1” ccaps=”" desc=“14 Days @ $3.97 / then $39.97 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)” cc=“USD” custom=“diyinternetmarketer.com” ta=“3.97” tp=“14” tt=“D” ra=“39.970” rp=“1” rt=“M” rr=“1” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” default_country_code=“US” captcha=“0” / success="https://diyinternetmarketer.com/thank-you-page-level1/"/]"

Yes, this is how WordPress does it. It’s more secure than sending the password by email.

I see a slash out of place right before the success attribute. I’d also probably add a space right before the closing. See if that makes a difference.

[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“14 Days @ $3.97 / then $39.97 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)” cc=“USD” custom=“diyinternetmarketer.com” ta=“3.97” tp=“14” tt=“D” ra=“39.970” rp=“1” rt=“M” rr=“1” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” default_country_code=“US” captcha=“0” success="/thank-you-page-level1/" /]

Hi Cristian, hope you’re doing well today. Thanks so much for the help in fixing the code. I made the changes you gave me. Now when I register via Stripe Pro forms Reg page my success welcome page shows up like it should. Email notifications seem to be going out correctly as well. One question. The WP login form also has a site registration link at the bottom. Do you have any ideas how I could edit that link so that I can offer the new free member an upgrade before they login or right after login. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:
Thanks again Tony

Great! I’m very glad you sorted it out and got it working. :smiley:

The WP login form also has a site registration link at the bottom. Do you have any ideas how I could edit that link so that I can offer the new free member an upgrade before they login or right after login

If he’s going to login, then he already has an account registered in the site. Or you want to only let paid registrations and no free ones? Then disable Open Registration and only those that pay you get to signup. WP Admin > s2Member > General Options > Open Registration

Does that help?

Yes it dose, and when I think it through it makes sense as well! That’s it for now my friend! have a great day.

1 Like