Technical issue warning with version 201225

Hi,
I’m using 2smember and 2s member pro. Upon update of today’s v 201225 I got the Wordpress “fatal error warning”:

I noticed this error on two sites that are running s2member/pro
thanks

WordPress version 5.6
Current theme: Avalon (version 1.0)
Current plugin: s2Member Framework (version 201225)
PHP version 7.4.11

Error Details

An error of type E_COMPILE_ERROR was caused in line 31 of the file /home/wplive/web/wp-live/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php. Error message: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/wplive/web/wp-live/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/vendor/composer/autoload_static.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/php’)

Hi Anthony.

It was a glitch I had while uploading the new release to the WordPress repository, and although it only lasted a few minutes, I was afraid that someone would have downloaded it… I’m really sorry you got that difficulty.

The upload was incomplete and missed that file, for some reason I don’t understand yet. After the upload, I did a test update and noticed that error message, so found the missing file and fixed the release. It’s complete and working now, I tested.

You can delete the s2Member folder via FTP and reinstall it from WordPress via WP Admin’s plugins manager, or you can leave the folder there and just add via FTP the missing s2member/src/vendor/composer/autoload_static.php file. https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/s2member.201225.zip

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or need more help.

1 Like

An easy fix. thank you. Much appreciated.

1 Like

I’m glad you sorted it out! You’re very welcome, Anthony.

:slight_smile:

Hello,

I am experiencing the crash in https://www.lilianadercye.com/coaching-online/
I cannot log in BUT ALSO, the complete website is unavailable.
I transcribe the error message below.
Please help.

Thank you in advance

I get
Warning : “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01bb/b1046/nf.aflorarte1/public_html/lilianadercye.com/coaching-online/wp-includes/pomo/plural-forms.php on line 210

Warning : require_once(/hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01bb/b1046/nf.aflorarte1/public_html/lilianadercye.com/coaching-online/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/vendor/composer/autoload_static.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01bb/b1046/nf.aflorarte1/public_html/lilianadercye.com/coaching-online/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 31

Fatal error : require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01bb/b1046/nf.aflorarte1/public_html/lilianadercye.com/coaching-online/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/vendor/composer/autoload_static.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php-7.3.2-xenial/lib/php’) in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01bb/b1046/nf.aflorarte1/public_html/lilianadercye.com/coaching-online/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 31

Hello,

I am experiencing a crash in https://www.lilianadercye.com/coaching-online/
I get:
Warning : “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01bb/b1046/nf.aflorarte1/public_html/lilianadercye.com/coaching-online/wp-includes/pomo/plural-forms.php on line 210

Warning : require_once(/hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01bb/b1046/nf.aflorarte1/public_html/lilianadercye.com/coaching-online/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/vendor/composer/autoload_static.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01bb/b1046/nf.aflorarte1/public_html/lilianadercye.com/coaching-online/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 31

Fatal error : require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01bb/b1046/nf.aflorarte1/public_html/lilianadercye.com/coaching-online/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/vendor/composer/autoload_static.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php-7.3.2-xenial/lib/php’) in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01bb/b1046/nf.aflorarte1/public_html/lilianadercye.com/coaching-online/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 31

My hosting provider says it is due to s2member plugin. They offered to disable the plugin because I cannot log in, but before that I would need your advice, Chrisitán, because unfortunately, some times my hosting provider operators make a mess.

Thank you in advance

Liliana

Hi Liliana.

The solution is what I put in my reply above. Technical issue warning with version 201225

Download the s2member Framework from WP’s repository, login via FTP, or your cPanel’s file manager, and add the missing file. Or via FTP or file manager, remove the s2member folder at /wp-content/plugins/s2member, then login to your WP Admin > Plugins > Add New install the s2Member Framework.

If you don’t know how to do those things, you could ask the hosting, it’s really not a difficult thing; but if you don’t trust them, it’d be better that you do it yourself, it really isn’t hard.

If you don’t know how to do it and can’t figure it out, and you don’t trust your hosting, I’ll be happy to help you if you want. I’d need you to message me privately the FTP or cPanel credentials, so I can upload the missing file for you.

Hello Christián and thank you for your help

I have downloaded, unzipped and installed the folder from https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/s2member.201225.zip

Unfortunately the same error persists as you can see in https://www.lilianadercye.com/coaching-online/

Perhaps there is a fresh copy of zip file. s2member.201225??

Please let me know.

Thank you again very much

Hi Liliana,

Here’s a link to the v201225 zip file in the repository: https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/s2member.201225.zip

I verified that it includes the file you’re getting a warning for about it missing:

You don’t need to replace the whole s2Member folder. If you just take that autoload_real.php file and put it in the correct folder, the warning will go away.

Although unrelated to s2Member, notice that there’s another warning you’d need to resolve:

Warning : “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in /coaching-online/wp-includes/pomo/plural-forms.php on line 210

I hope that helps! Let me know how it goes. :slight_smile:

Hello and thank you so much for your comprehensive and quick reply. I appreciate it and will keep you on the current.

I have another issue regarding in-line served pdf files that I am placing in a separate message in case your reply may be helpful for others experiencing the same difficulty.

Thank you again!!!

Liliana

1 Like

I fhave finally solved the issue

Thank you !!

Liliana

1 Like