Tax Calculations on Pro Forms are not working when applied on State/Province level - the Global Rate which defaults to "0" keeps overriding

Hi all,

I’m following the instructions on the Pro Forms for Tax Calculations: PayPal Options > Tax Rate Calculations.

In Global Default Tax Rate, I leave it blank, but after I click save it defaults to “0”. Fine.
I put “CA=2.25” in the Custom Tax Configuration, where you can enter a tax rate by State.

When I click Save and test it on the form, I enter CA and a CA Zip code but the price is not updating to the CA tax rate; it simply stays at “0”.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Amy

Would you mind copying your tax rate calculations entries and pasting them in your reply? My best guess is that something is “off” about the way you have them set up.

I’d also suggest you check for errors on the page with the ProForm. Just press [F12] and then click the Console tab. If there are errors on that page also copy & paste them to your reply.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

First I tried this: CA=2.25
Then I tried this: CALIFORNIA/US=2.25
Then I tried this: CA/US=2.25
Then this: CA=2
Then this: CA=2%
Then all three of these on different lines:
CALIFORNIA/US=2.25
CA=2.25
CA/US=2.25

The Global defaults to 0.0% and overrides anything I enter in the Custom Configuration Field.

I actually had tried looking at the Console, but didn’t find anything that to me looked related to the problem. Maybe you’ll see something (in the attached screenshot of the Console) that makes sense as related to the issue.

Thanks for your help.

Amy

One extra tip that might be relevant is that I previously had the Global tax rate set to 2.25, but need to change it so only California has that rate. The functionality works fine when I use the Global setting, but not so when I try to use the Custom config.

Thanks.

Amy