Support website errors, pricing comparison with amember

Hello, it was quite a rigmarole to get here. All the members of our WP group have already given up and purchased amember instead.

However, I am persisting coz I’d like to review s2member and give some feedback in case there is anybody who is looking for a slightly cheaper option.

So firstly, there is no way to contact support on the s2member.com/support/ page. All the links for asking questions etc go to https://s2member.com/support/# and nothing happens. That’s why I’m now on wpsharks to see if you’re still in business, if there’s anyone handling pre-sales or support issues and if so then please fix your website! :slight_smile:

Secondly, the main issue concerns multiple websites. Compared to amember, your multiple website option works out cheaper. amember requires a separate license for each site (at $150 per license + $80 p.a. for subsequent upgrades and support). Your pricing is only $190.

So if the features (and support) are more or less equal between the two products then s2member might win out primarily for those people who operate more than one website (and most of us do).

However, there are hundreds of people still just starting out and they’re looking for a free or inexpensive entry-level solution for managing their members and content. $150 for amember is sometimes a bit steep, but $90 for a single-site license for s2member might be more reasonable… and they might still be able to start with the free version for their basic needs.

Finally the main question:

For those people who start with a single-site license and then decide they would like to start another site (or more), what is the upsell path? Can they pay the difference (of $100) to get the multi-site license, or do you require them to pay the full price of $190?

(In the latter case, can the previous license then be transferred to some other member in our group so that no-one loses out by starting with a single-site license?)

Thanks and regards,
Gary

Hi,
Support for the s2Member plugin is still active but the number of people managing this is low, so the priority is on features and updates.
s2Member remains, in my opinion, the most complete and economical of membership management plugins because it allows a lot of customization and integrates very well into PHP programming if necessary.
Best regards.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, but do you work for WPSharks? It looks like an automated response.

Could you answer the question?

Can I buy a single site license now and upgrade to a multi-site license later? What will it cost to do this?

And are you fixing your website so that customers can contact you for support issues? Or are you no longer providing support because you don’t have anyone who can do so?

Thanks

Hi,
I’m just a plugin user like you.
I don’t know how to answer your question because I personally only use one license for a single site.
I honestly don’t think that the “Support” section of the official site is back in operation because the support is now done through this forum, with the help of the community and some officials who do what they can to answer.
The times for their responses can be quite long, it’s true, but the main work, that is to say the maintenance and evolution of the plugin, works fine.
Regards.

1 Like

Hi Gary.

Thanks for the heads up with the email buttons. I’ll be working on updating some things on the site soon, including that.

About your upgrade question, you’d just pay the $100 difference from the single to the unlimited sites license. https://s2member.com/kb-article/how-do-i-upgrade-to-an-unlimited-site-license/

I think that the Free->Single->Unlimited is a good progression for those starting on a tight budget.

:slight_smile:

1 Like