Suggestion for Encrypted Button info

Hi,

I would like to suggest you have more details at the link snippet for S2 below.
wp-admin/admin.php?page=ws-plugin–s2member-paypal-ops

Something about whether people need to do anything more than set the appropriate setting in Paypal. As they have a page that asks me to download an encryption key for example and there is no mention of that in S2.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_profile-website-cert

I am going to guess you have already done the coding so we don’t have to do this but it is only a guess and a little confusing not to have any info from you about it in the plugin.

-Gary.

I hadn’t seen the instructions about downloading a key at PayPal before today, so they may be new. That said, I agree that the documentation for setting up PayPal could use a fresh coat of paint. Everything there changes so often.

So, will be using the option be enough or do I have to download the cert from Paypal, please?

Try it without the download first and if that doesn’t work, try downloading and installing the cert from PayPal. Sorry I can’t be more specific, but, as I said, I’ve never seen the instructions to download a certificate before. IF they were there, then I have been able to use encrypted buttons without a certificate. If they are new, something might have changed. I don’t currently have any sites using PayPal buttons so I can’t test it myself.