Suggestion - Demotion and removal of ccaps

Here is another suggestion for future updates.

Currently, when a member is demoted, the options are to keep all the ccaps or remove them all. However, with the power of s2M, some memberships can be associated with specific ccaps and when demoted, a member should lose ONLY the ccaps associated with that membership, and not everything.

Here is an example:
A member has made two purchases (Buy Now) of Product A and Product B. Then, joins the membership which grants access to Course A and Course B. After 6 months, the member cancels the membership. He should lose access to Course A and Course B (since they are part of the membership) but should still retain access to Product A and Product B since they BOUGHT them.

Currently, the only way to address that is to make that change manually.

In addition, demoting a member directly to Level 0 is not always accurate. In the example above, that member went to level 1 as soon as he made the first purchase. Even after cancelling the membership, the demotion should not make it automatically a Level 0 member, as he is still a paying customer, so maybe there should be a way to address the demotion on the “membership” button/form creation so it would be specific to that particular interruption of payment.

1 Like

I agree. This is important for me too. Will not be a simple change, but I very much want to improve it.

You may remember mentions of s2Member X many years ago, when Jason started working on it. I had designed it, and it was sad to see it come to nothing after so long. It’s still alive in my head and I plan to implement its improvements bit by bit.

I’m sorry to say that I can’t focus on that at the moment, though. The recent API changes of almost all the services s2Member connects to, are keeping me too busy to work on new features for now. But the time will come.

:slight_smile:

No worry, I was just looking for a place to gather those suggestions in one place. Nothing is a rush (at least for me) since I can still do that manually. That is why I titled the threads as “Suggestions”.

1 Like

Got it. I think it’s a great idea to suggest things like this. Keep them coming, I welcome them. Thank you! :slight_smile: