Suddenly I can't accept Paypal payments through Payflow Pro (Only Cards)

Hi,

I have a subscription site that runs S2Member, via Payflow Pro, which is linked to my Paypal Account. Recurring Billing is enabled and so is reference transactions…

When customers are choosing to subscribe to my site using the Paypal option on the page below. They get “Error #36: Transaction failed: Fail to obtain approval for the online transaction.”

https://mitchgrainger.com/become-a-member/

Looking into this further, this appears to have been happening since around August 5th.

These attempted transactions all show error code 6 in Paypal manager. Which means something to do with currency code.

To clarify, this problem is limited to only the Paypal Option. When subscribers use a credit card (I accept Visa or Mastercard) payments are being processed and recurring billing profiles are showing up in Paypal manager…

Oddly recurring profiles are showing up for these failed transactions in my standard paypal recurring billing section, all with different currency codes associated and zero dollar amounts.

Can anyone help? it turns out i am loosing customers almost every day due to this.

Tech minded members please read on:

One thing to rule out ?? for s2member is this which just came into effect, i quote:

“PayPal will no longer support the use of the GET HTTP request method for our classic NVP/SOAP APIs. If you currently use any of these APIs, you will need to ensure that your API requests only use the POST HTTP request method”

AND… I am in communication with Paypal about this (support ticket) and they are not sure what is happening wither but have asked me to look for something:

You or your developer will be looking for this specific format although this is an example from another website. “TRXTYPE=S&TENDER=P&PARTNER=PayPal&VENDOR=prowithoutPP&USER=prowithoutPP&PWD=XXXX&ACCT=4111111111111111&EXPDATE=0721&AMT=40.00&CVV2=123”

I have basic coding and developer skills but have no idea where to look for that string… anyone?

:slight_smile:

Kindest Regards,
Mg

We are having the same issue. Does anyone have insight on this?

@Mitch did you ever get this resolved? re Error #36: Transaction failed: Fail to obtain approval for the online transaction.”