Suddenly get s2member Error #10565

Hi,
After the last update I get s2member Error #10565. Merchant country unsupported. The merchant country is not supported. I use pro forms so what is suddenly the problem?

Thanks,
Annika

Hi Annika.

The last releases of s2Member haven’t touched the PayPal integration, so I don’t think it’s related to that.

Did you change anything in your PayPal configuration lately? Are you getting this error with every attempt or it appears randomly?

Can I see your shortcode for the pro-form?

If you haven’t yet, please enable logging while we debug. WP Admin > s2Member Pro > Log Files

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

Hi,
I answered you email and haven’t hear something, you want me to put the answer here instead?

Thanks,
Annika

I didn’t get your email… What address did you use?

Yeah, you can post it here, just replace any sensitive info with another value.

Or you can message me privately here. I’ll message you first so you just have to reply.

:slight_smile:

I send it to the address I got it from forums@wpsharks.com, there where no other email address. I have send the email again so please have a look otherwise tell me and I need to put it here but it was something I don’t want public.

Thanks,
Annika

I see. I’ll look at what could be the issue with that address.

No need to post it public. You can send it privately in a message. I messaged you yesterday, so you can reply to that and it won’t be public. https://forums.wpsharks.com/t/re-suddenly-get-s2member-error-10565/8692

Hi,
Did you get my answer? It’s a bit urgent because we make a campaign next week

Thanks,
Annika

Hi Annika.

I did, and replied to you right away. I asked you what PayPal service you’re using? Is it PayPal Pro or Express Checkout.

The pro-forms integrate with three PayPal services: Express Checkout, PayPal Pro, and PayPal Pro PayFlow Edition (not same as PayPal PayFlow).

Express Checkout is available in all countries, so you shouldn’t be getting that error message about the country. https://developer.paypal.com/docs/howto-product-matrix/

So I’m guessing maybe you have a PayPal Pro account, although I doubt it because I don’t know how you’d signup for it from a country that’s not supported. Maybe you added PayFlow credentials, making s2 try to use PayPal Pro PayFlow Edition, which would give the country error, but again, I don’t know how you’d even get PayFlow credentials if it’s also not available in your country…

Could you clarify what PayPal service you’re using, and if you entered anything in s2’s PayFlow Details panel? Any other details?

In the one of the log entries you sent me, I also see mentioned “DoDirectPayment”, which seems to be part of the Website Payments Pro API. For Express Checkout that field would say “DoExpressCheckoutPayment”.

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

Hi,
Originally it was setup Paypal standard but don’t know if my client changed it, but guess not and what I understand this is not correct so need to set up Express checkout?

Thanks,
Annika

Hi again,
Now I gone throught everything and the paypal account is correct and they only thing I so what that my client had now https so I change the links notify and return but anyway the issue is still there so I don’t know how we can solve this and soon we have the release of the new e-bok. I could skip S2member for this but we have also e-programs which not working???
Can you please help me in some way

Thanks,
Annika

Thanks for the extra info, Annika.

Well, if she has a PayPal Business account (free), not PayPal Pro, then the integration should be working fine, and the pro-form would use Express Checkout to complete the transaction.

If the payments were going through before, and now they aren’t, something must have changed. It wasn’t in s2Member, so I have to think it was the account.

If you want me to, I can take a look at the integration, and see if I notice something odd. If you let me, I’d also do some test payment attempts. If you would like me to help you that way, I’d need you to PM me the credentials to the sites, so I can look at the integration configuration and test.

Hi,
We gave up so to be sure that the release of the e-book works we disabled S2member and took away the e-programs and sell the book via Easy digital downloads which works fine with paypal. But of course it was a pity to disabel the e-programs

Yes, a real pity. I can help you look into it anyway to solve the mystery, and you can go back to using it. Another option if that PayPal account gives trouble, is trying a separate account, but it shouldn’t be necessary if we find what the misconfiguration is.

Just to confirm, because I don’t see it mentioned above: did you double check that the PayFlow Account Details panel was left blank? WP Admin > s2Member Pro > PayPal Options > PayFlow Account Details

Hi again,
Would of course be very nice if it worked and I could give you login to the website if that’s an option, but can I put this here? Haven’t understood if this is conversation is private or not.
I checked the PayFlow and there was nothing filled in.

All the best,
Annika

Thanks for confirming it.

No, this is the public conversation. The private conversation is the other one you messaged me on with the log entries: https://forums.wpsharks.com/t/re-suddenly-get-s2member-error-10565/8692