Hi, pro customer here, I've tried support but it was a dead end, so hoping to get some help here.
I have a WP install in a subdirectory. Aside from this one issue, Comet Cache is working perfectly. My problem is that CC isn't caching subpages correctly. It's not writing subdirectories inside the cache folder, and I get 404s for subpages unless I implement a very janky manual workaround.
All top level pages (domain.com/toplevel) cache perfectly. I have a single top level parent page which is the parent for five subpages. So the desired URL for these five subpages is 'domain.com/parent/subpage'. /parent/ caches fine. When the subpages are set, in WPs 'Page Attributes' section, to domain.com/parent/subpage/ I get endless 404s. Digging around in the cache folder reveals that when the subpages are set to subpages, CC wont create any cached file for them. If I remove the subpage from the parent page, so it's a top level page (domain.com/subpage), CC creates the cached file.
If I leave the intended subpage in WP as a top level page, then manually create the 'parent' subdirectory inside the cache folder and move the top level cached file into the 'parent' subdirectory, then set the currently top level subpage in WP back to a subpage, CC moves the cached file from the cache folder into a 'cachexxxxxxxxxxx-tmp' folder inside the 'comet-cache' folder, obviously giving me more 404s.
I'm currently working around this by setting the intended subpage to a top level page in WP, allowing CC to create the cache file in the root 'cache' folder, then changing the intended subpage back to a subpage in WP. This doesn't delete or move the cached file. Then I create the 'parent' subdirectory inside the cache folder, whereby I can move the original cached file, and no more 404s.
This is obviously not a permanent fix for the problem. I'm about to start removing htaccess rules to see if I can find something that's causing the issue, but honestly I'm not a developer and am just poking around kind of blind. I figured this might be a better place to get more focused help.
Support asked to see my htaccess rules, but didn't suggest anything that might be causing the issue. After that, they said: "You mentioned that you installed WordPress into a sub-directory on the server. This is the most likely cause of the problems you're experiencing as this requires a more advanced configuration and for the URLs in your WordPress Dashboard to be entered exactly right by the site owner. Please see: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/install-wordpress-subdirectory/"
I worked through that checklist one by one, with no success. Everything else in regards to CC is working perfectly, it's just not creating directories inside the cache folder.