Stripe SCA and s2member

HEllo guys.

In previous days, I’ve received an email from Stripe with this link: https://stripe.com/docs/strong-customer-authentication

But honestly, I don’t understand If i’ve to change something in s2member or in my stripe settings.
Do you know something?
Thanks

Hi Antony.

That’s a notification sent to Stripe users because there’s being a change in its enforcement, not because your site isn’t ready. That seems to be just a heads-up in case you still need to prepare for it.

s2Member’s Stripe integration was upgraded a year ago to support Strong Customer Authentication. https://s2member.com/s2member-v191022-now-available/

If you’re using the latest s2Member Pro release, you’re good.

:slight_smile:

Currently I haven’t the v19 version.
So , I think that nothing changes for my website… (but it would be better if I update my website) …right?
Thanks

If you have the v191022 version or later, it supports SCA for Stripe. If you have an earlier one, it doesn’t.

Maybe you don’t need SCA, in which case the older may be enough. The article you got gives and links to info about it: https://stripe.com/docs/strong-customer-authentication

You do get card payments, and even if they are low-risk, some banks will still require the SCA… So supporting it is your best bet.

Back to the SCA question that does not seem to go away…
Here in the UK all card payments need to be SCA compliant. We run the latest Pro S2 Version 210208 and the latest Stripe API version.
However Stripe Dashboard says that all our payments are not compliant and that banks may stop future transactions.
Stripe dashboard says:
“LAST 7 DAYS
None of the 2 latest payments used an SCA-ready product”

So I guess my question is that just a warning or are we non compliant?
I cant see a way to tell Stripe what qwe are using.

Stightly concerned.
Thanks

Hi Alastair.

Interesting. Could you show me a screenshot of the warning? Also logs the transactions that it says are not compliant, please?

Do you use anything other than s2Member Pro with that Stripe account?

In my account, used only with s2Member Pro, I get confirmation that it’s SCA-ready: https://dashboard.stripe.com/sca-update

4c3e2965f57ba85dbca54b8a1abc00c74a2ba8727b226965f60e6d6444112257

What do you see on that page?

Hello there.
We use S2 Pro on the website. UK-SBA.org. And we only use Stripe for web payemnts. And we only take payments via Stripe. - We did initially take PayPal but ditched that a year ago.
This is the mesage at the top of the Stripe account followed by the message displayed after you follow the link… We listed Wordpress as the partner solution. ?
Thanks

First messaeg is

Thank you for the screenshots.

The partner is not wordpress.com, that’s a hosted service of WordPress. It would be s2Member, but I didn’t register as a Parter, so it most likely won’t be in that list yet. I didn’t enter a Partner product in my account configuration and still got the SCA-ready message I showed you.

I believe they base it mostly on the API calls they get to your account. All my connections come from a recent s2Member Pro, so it uses the Stripe APIs that are SCA-ready, i.e. Payment Intents and Billing.

Under “Last 7 Days”, next to “no payments used an SCA-ready product”, could you click on the i icon to see if it shows them to you?

If not there, could you look in your logs for payments done through s2Member, and take screenshots of some to show me?

Do you use this stripe account with something other than s2Member Pro? Maybe the warning about not being SCA-ready is from calls made by something else?

I would love to take a closer look at it, but won’t ask you for access to your Stripe account, so any screenshots you can show me (blurring private details) would be very helpful.

You can also contact Stripe Support asking them for examples of transactions that aren’t SCA-ready, to inspect those closer.

s2Member Pro’s Stripe integration is SCA-ready since long ago, one of the very first plugins that were, so this makes me very curious.

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile: