Stripe sandbox account shows network communication error

I have configured stripe sandbox mode for payment. But it
shows the error “Network
communication failure with Stripe; please try again” when we submit for payment.
I have taken the card number from below link:

and used dummy details for expiration
date and CVC number. It will be great if you could help me to figure out the
issue. Thank you

Are you on localhost? That won’t work because Stripe can’t get access to your PC.

No, this is on our live site.

Are you behind firewall, proxy, network filter etc? At this moment Stripe talks with your browser, not with the site.

1 Like

No, in fact this same issue is happening on two different systems on opposite sides of the country, so completely different setups, internet connections etc.

Well, ask Stripe maybe…

When you say “two different systems” are you talking about two different servers or two different clients? If it is two different servers, then you also need to double/triple check your Stripe webhook settings. WP Dashboard → s2Member (Pro) → Stripe Options → Stripe Webhook/IPN Integration.

After you’ve done that, if you have s2Member logging enabled, check the logs for any information on failed transactions. If logging isn’t enabled, I’d recommend you do so (WP Dashboard → s2Member (Pro) → Log Files (Debug) → Logging Configuration), run a couple more test transactions, and then check the logs.

If you need help with the logs, please submit this as a ticket on our Support Page attaching the log files to the ticket. (Don’t ever post your logs to a public forum. :wink: ).

I did in fact ask Stripe and they have responded, saying that while external plugins do use their API, they can’t really provide any insight into these kinds of issues.

Thank you! I enabled logging and am uploading a screenshot of the error. It says that it can’t connect to Stripe.

I did also go into the Stripe settings and confirmed that the webhook is in place and that the test credentials are correct, and it does appear that both Stripe Admin and s2member Stripe settings are set to Test/Sandbox mode.

So I’m not really sure why it is failing to connect, but any further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated.

Have you checked with your web hosting provider to see if they any firewall restrictions in place that may be causing the problem?