Stripe payment doesn't work after migration

Hello everyone,

I recently migrated to another hosting server and despite not changing “anything” on the wordpress installation, stripe payment doesn’t go through.

I did the migration using updraftplus (not premium)

I’ve tried Stripe payments also in test mode but it looks like that S2member is not connected with Stripe at all.

Is there any way to reset the plugin without affecting the users?

For the time being, I have lost some clients so far because no transaction is working.

I hope you can help me. Many thansk,
R.

Try to re-create the payment forms, they depend of the domain name.

Check again (and better - repeat) your Stripe settings.

1 Like

Yes. Especially check that you have set up a new Webhook Endpoint for the new domain.

1 Like

Many thanks for your support, guys.

The issue is that I’ve only changed hosting not domain. The URL remains the same.

I have doble check Stripe configuration and it appears to be everything alright.

I have re-created payment forms and the outcome is the same: you can never check out.

I have done a server-scanner and there is only an issue:

[ERROR] MySQL Database Extension
Missing MySQL extension. s2Member needs the MySQL extension for PHP. This will add MySQL support to your installation of PHP, allowing MySQL database communication. Please consult with your web hosting company about this message.

Could it be the problem? How can I fix it?

Many, many thanks for your patience!

That definitely be the issue but if the MySQL extension for PHP is actually missing I don’t see how WordPress is working. In any case, you need to do exactly what the message says and contact the hosting provider, just in case the extension is actually missing.

If your hosting provider says that the MySQL extension is installed, would you mind sharing the contents of your wp-config.php file? Please change the database name, user name, and password before posting (and your domain name if you want to keep that private), but leave the code surrounding it so that I can see if there is something unusual about it. Please change the host address if it is anything other than localhost or 127.0.0.1 as well.

It might also be helpful if you could run a phpinfo() script at the root of your WordPress installation and, rather than posting them here, share them with me via PM, unless that makes you uncomfortable.

1 Like

The most likely reason for the MySQL warning is that your host is running the more recent MySQLi extension instead. This works fine for s2Member, and the warning is just a false positive. (The scanner needs updating.)

3 Likes

Many thanks guys, I really appreciate your outstanding support!

As the message suggested me, I contacted my provider and I have it fixed straight forward.

The thing was that I have recently changed the PHP version to 7.1 —in a try to increase google PageSpeed— and it appears to be the issue. My provider recommended me to change it back to 5.6 and suddenly everything works alright again.

Does it mean that 7.1 is not compatible or is only about the scanner updating needs?

Huge thanks to all of you, folks. You really rock!

My experience has been that there are quite a few breaking changes in PHP 7.1. I’d try PHP 7.0 instead.

1 Like