Stripe Payment blocked by Kasperky

Kaspersky Internet Security and Total Security blocks the Stripe PopUp if (default) the finance module is activated!
Who should solve this? S2meber or Stripe?

Users cannot check out if Internet Security / Total Security is installed as default.
The popup itself will open - but the credit card data will not be transferred to Stripe. Deactivating the online banking/payment module solves this.

SSL cert is fine (it’s not an EV cert though).

This has nothing to do with s2Member. The pop-up is Stripe’s. However, I think the problem lies entirely with Kaspersky.

well - then still Stripe/s2member should do something about it I guess and make sure this does not continue for too long. Kaspersky is one of the major antivirus solutions out there - so that basically kaspersky users are blocked out is not good.

Some other implementations of Stripe seem fine. I tried out two other plugins on my site using stripe - and they are fine.

I guess not.

As I said, it’s nothing to do with s2Member. It’s simply an artefact of Kaspersky’s algorithm. Their problem: their fix to provide.

This is what happens with almost all so-called security all-in-one solutions. They rely on such a broad-brush approach that false positives are inevitable. If this one doesn’t even provide a means for you to whitelist the form, then it’s even worse than is typical.

of course the problem is mainly on Kaspersky side - but the concequences are on the s2member deployer side (and a tiny bit on Stripe missing out their business too - however as it’s not all of their implemenations they are not strongly affected). And Kaspersky is usually quite reliable - far away from the Norton/Windows Defender reputation based rubbish detection.

Now you’re clutching at straws. It’s not for s2Member to fix problems that originate elsewhere. Tell Kaspersky and let them fix it.

Okay - well I got the feedback now from Stripe. The problem exists only when using Firefox - however you will need to make sure to get every single website whitelisted (maybe even every single page)!

This should be done via contacting stripe and asking them for help, as well as by contacting Kaspersky and reporting there for whitelisting.

And even though it is not s2member fault - it should be mentioned somewhere. Depending on where your customers are from - Kaspersky may be the most used paid Antivirus tool.

At the very least you should know to direct customers who have problems checking out to use another browser instead or switch of “Safe Money” feature.