Stripe Error: Invalid parameters to Stripe; please contact the site owner

Hello. I’m occasionally having potential customers claiming they’re getting an “Invalid parameters to Stripe; please contact the site owner” after submitting customer info on the stripe payment form.

I’ve google this issue and see that others have had a similar conflict, but haven’t been able to find a solution.

What I’ve done so far:

1. Double and triple checked APIs. Everything is correct, and up to date.
  2. I’ve contacted both my server & stripe support. They’ve both said I need to contact who’s integrating with stripe.
  3. I have cleared cache and made test purchased. Out of the 5 times, I did it, I also received the error twice.

Below is the stripe form shortcode. Is there anything you see that could be causing this?

[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“1” ccaps="" desc="$9.97 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" cc=“USD” custom=“appliedvisionbaseball.com” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“9.97” rp=“1” rt=“M” rr=“1” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” default_country_code=“US” captcha=“0” /]

Thank you.

M

Sidenote: I did find something related to the “Multibyte String” being enabled with my hosting. Could enabling “Multibyte String” by upgrading my php help?

@clavaque - may be related to Numerous Paypal/Credit Card failures since last update and Numerous Paypal/Credit Card failures since last update

1 Like

That error was reported in before, yes, but I addressed the cause with a fix in the lastest release. From looking at the pro-form on your site, I see you seem to be using the latest release, though.

Please enable logging, so we get more info to troubleshoot with. WP Admin > s2Member Pro > Log Files

Does it seem to be random or do you know how to reproduce that error? Can you tell me the steps so I try?

In the Stripe log, can you look for the related entries for those times it happened, and show me what they say went wrong? Not just the last entry, there will likely be other related ones right before it. https://dashboard.stripe.com/logs

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

@clavaque - we should probably check what version of PHP people are using. I am supporting an opensource theme so I keep up with hosting / WP / PHP changes going on in the marketplace. Lately I have started to get queries about PHP7.4. My theme is compatible with PHP7.3 but I have not yet gone through and updated my theme code to PHP7.4. There are quite a few changes required with no real functional value so I have been delaying the inevitable.

Have you updated S2Member to support PHP7.4?

What if the common denominator with people having emerging payment problems is related to PHP version? Just a thought :slight_smile: