Stripe Developer - Error Log "404 ERR"

Maybe this has any clues why s2member is not demoting users with failed stripe subscription payments?

If I look through the stripe developer log for errors - I see many failed connection tries by s2member. They seem to happen pretty often - but not on every payment. Clearly just another s2member bug…
I think in general they do not cause problems - they are pretty common (1 out of 5 payments?) - however they do happen on 100% of failed demotions.

Overall I have 38 errors vs ~1000 successful requests on my stripe log - but all 38 errors are 404 ERR with s2member requesting information from Stripe that does not exist. Worst is that I found some instances where s2member queried Stripe with paypal subscription Identifiers after a user extended his account with paypal and had previously paid a one time payment via Stripe.
Seems like s2member queries are quite a mess (and don’t get me started on the sourcecode for the queries in s2member pro - I tried reading into it but it’s not structured at all so I gave up).

******** means I removed identifiable informatoin. us_… and sub_… is pretty self explanatory anyway. No reason to put the real value into here.

GET /v1/customers/cus_6*****t/subscriptions/sub_6*************
2018/08/29 20:41:21
Summary
ID
req_LXKK13CiwXFW0f
Time
2018/08/29 20:41:21
Method
GET
URL
/v1/customers/cus_6
/subscriptions/sub_6*************
Status
IP address
Version
Source
Stripe/v1 PhpBindings/1.18.0

{
“error”: {
“code”: “resource_missing”,
“doc_url”: “https://stripe.com/docs/error-codes/resource-missing”,
“message”: “Customer cus_6************* does not have a subscription with ID sub_6*************”,
“param”: “subscription”,
“type”: “invalid_request_error”
}
}