Stripe Billing Method Field not working for customers

I’m receiving reports that appear to come mainly from PC users that the Billing Method credit card fields of s2Member form pages are grayed out and people are unable to enter their payment info and complete checkout.

I’m a Mac user and in all my browsers and devices it appears to work fine.

We are using s2Member Pro v191022 and WP 5.3.2.

For reference, errors have been reported on this page:
https://ketovangelistcoaching.com/1-on-1/

I’m on Linux and don’t see a problem with the Billing Method section with Firefox or Chromium either.

What browser were they using? And in the browser’s console, is there any JavaScript error mentioned?

Does it happen consistently for those users, or only sometimes?

I see the problem on my side on Mac Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Javascript errors:
s2member-o.php?ws_plugin__s2member_js_w_globals=1&qcABC=1&ver=191022-191022-2590369036:724 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘elements’ of undefined
at setupProForms (s2member-o.php?ws_plugin__s2member_js_w_globals=1&qcABC=1&ver=191022-191022-2590369036:724)
at stripeCheck (s2member-o.php?ws_plugin__s2member_js_w_globals=1&qcABC=1&ver=191022-191022-2590369036:51)
(index):1 Failed to execute ‘postMessage’ on ‘DOMWindow’: The target origin provided (‘https://js.stripe.com’) does not match the recipient window’s origin (‘https://ketovangelistcoaching.com’).
rn @ (index):1
SlGDmQSNjdsmc35JDF1K5E55YMjF_7DPuGi-6_RkBI95WamXgHlI.woff:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_QUIC_HANDSHAKE_FAILED
w8gYH2oyX-I0_rvR6HmX23YKiumCBw.woff2:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_QUIC_HANDSHAKE_FAILED

I still haven’t been able to reproduce the error but I’ve enlisted help and whether it works or doesn’t work seems independent of the browser and device, at least on the surface. I haven’t been able to get people to tell me which builds of the browser software, for the most part. We are still getting orders through in Stripe, but still plenty of people complaining they can’t place an order.

Thanks to CommonJuke for providing the error report. Is this something that I can correct on my end in the Wordpress admin, or does this require an update to the plug-in?

I had one client report this problem but their failure was on a Mac using Safari or Chrome browser. I could not reproduce the problem on Windows computer (Chrome or Firefox or Edge). I could not reproduce it on a Mac Mini using MacOS Mojave V10.14.5 but was able to reproduce the bug on MacOS Catalina…but only once. I tried something and…surprisingly…the problem went away! After that I could not reproduce the problem on the Mac.

Here is what I did…I clicked in the “Gift, Coupon, or Redemption Code?” field then typed a few digits and deleted them. After that I could fill in the credit card numbers. Very odd. Uninitialized form variable perhaps that assumes all the subscription form fields are filled in at one time and sequentially! In this case the profile-related form fields were all pre-filled since this was a registered user moving from a free to a paid plan. Perhaps typing / deleting a few characters in the “Gift, Coupon, or Redemption Code?” field set what was previously an uninitialized variable! Just a thought.

1 Like