Stop audio files buffering

I have a page where subscribers can listen to audio (.mp3) files. At present a file begins playing when the play button is clicked and then begins buffering…very reasonable. If the user pauses the file for some reason it seems right for the file to continue buffering for when the user resumes listening. BUT…if I click play on another file because I no longer wish to continue listening to the original file it still continues buffering which seems an unneccessary use of bandwidth. Is there anything I can do to resolve this? What I want is to auto stop an audio file when ‘ply’ is clicked on another file…any suggestions?

The audio player isn’t created by WebSharks. It’s part of WordPress core. So, if there is a solution, you’d be better off looking for it in places other than this forum.

Ok thanks. Any suggestions where to look? The WP site points to you guys.

Hi again Tim…another question…
I have set up gift codes so that people can give gift subscriptions to the
site. Is there a way within wordpress for me to see where gift codes have
been purchased before they are redeemed and user ID created. IN particular
I am thinking of those who may buy a gift sub as a christmas gift but the
gift code will not be used until after christmas. I gueass I am trying to
anticipate demand in case I need to upgrade my hosting package if there is
high demand. Can I do this?

Thanks

Phil

Philip, Not sure what you mean by “The WP site.” I assume you are referring to the wordpress.org forum for s2Member. But that is just for stuff in the control of s2Member.

My point is that the working of audio and video players isn’t under s2Member’s control. s2Member just regulates access; it doesn’t control how the players operate. So you need to Google, try Stack Exchange, or ask on the general WordPress forum (i.e. the forum not specific to a particular plugin).

As for coupons, I think this might help: https://s2member.com/kb-article/can-i-offer-promotional-discounts-or-coupon-codes-using-s2member-pro/