Some help in using coupons for a campaign

Hi
I have a membership page scratchbuildwithjohn.com which simply charges a monthly payment using stripe and S2member pro. I don’t fiddle with it at all so my skills in creating new stuff is limited and it always seems the tutorials are a bit above my level.
I want to develop a campaign to grow my mailing list in which members get people to join and for each ‘join up’ I give a month free membership. This can apply to current members or people who are not yet members.
Ie someone brings in 3 new mailing list subscribers, which I can see because they will go to a specific new list, confirms this with an email to ‘membership drive’ or whatever, and I issue a ‘coupon’ for three months free. This may be manual but my page is not that big.
I guess this will mean if they are new they will go to the sign up page which will have to enter their credit card, and fill in a ‘coupon’ entry field, and get their free three months. After the three months finishes they will be charged unless they cancel.
What happens to current members who do this?
Can someone lead me a step by step guide about how to do this?
Cheers

There is no way that I can think of to give free time to existing subscribers with s2Member without significant custom code. (You’d need to extend their EOT because changing the price would change it forever. Since you say you have a small site, I’d say just go into the existing member’s profile and change their EOT date.

Hi

I realise that the model should not be aimed at existing members but new
ones. Is that easier?

john

For new Users, a coupon code will work, but it will be a little klunky. Set up a Pro-Form for the appropriate membership level with a 3 month trial. Set the price for this trial to be equivalent to the price of 3 months membership. Then create a coupon code to give a 100% discount with the Directive set to ta-only. This will apply the discount to the trial only. After the 3 month trial (free or paid), all members will be charged for the regular membership.

HI

I see, I think. I will give a try, and thanks

John