Social login- pay first before accessing the forum

We have a forum and using s2member for paid membership…Only paid registered members can access the forum. We just added social login (Facebook and Google+).

Do s2member have any plugin or feature like

Workflow should be:

• User selects a level from your Membership Levels page.

• User is taken to the Membership Checkout page and can click an icon to “Login with” the configured social networks.

• User is logged in and returned to the Membership Checkout page to complete payment information and confirm membership.

s2Member will work with any well-coded plugin that enables members to login via a social network. There is, therefore, no need for any special integration. It just works.

Tim may be correct, as I have not worked with social login plugins, but it sounds to me like you want people to login before they have registered and I don’t think that is going to work. Now, if they are registering as Level 0 (Free Subscribers) with the social login and then upgrading to a paid membership that should work.

I use AccessPress Social Login with s2Member and integrates with the pre-made login page automatically, collects the users email address at the time of connecting their account. I then use Mailster for my newsletter and then added their Mailster Email Verify plugin that verifies every ones email address and if it is a bad email it throws it into its own category so I am not lowering my ratings on my sites reputation with bad emails. Mailster is a pay only app but I really like it due to these features and the fact they integrate with SendGrid with an API. The API bypasses all SMTP lock downs that a lot of hosts use to force you to use their own SMTP. It is sad too that they do this because their SMTP service is most likely blacklisted due to other users abuse. I can also send out massive emails per second because of the API instead of throttling it like you do when you use standard SMTP. The only thing I recommend is disabling the tracking on the API account you create for your site. It can break links that have ? marks in the address as it converts it to ASCII.

AccessPress Social Login has a free lite plugin that offers the basic known social sites like FaceBook, Google+ and a couple others. I did buy the full version even though I only use Google and FaceBook and do not use the other feature it supports. I just felt I should support their work cause it is a really good plugin.

You know now that I think of it I did change the theme to 11 cause it looks better and that is apart of the paid version so I guess I do use one feature from the paid.

Ross

Jedi is correct on the way it needs to be handled. Social login for all level0 accounts. Then they can upgrade but they first need to get a free account.

AccessPress Social Login since it uses the users email will connect an already established paid account under one rule. The rule is paid member must be using the same email address for both your site and social account.

I have tested this and it does work with AccessPress Social Login. If the email is not the same though they will end up with two accounts and then email about the account not being correct.

I have found most users stick with their original setup. If they use social they always use it, if they started with email or username they remain user or email based login users. I have only had one user that created a second account based on the social account not having the same email. I was able to bind the two accounts but I would make a FAQ about the social login so people can answer their own questions on the subject. Although I have not made a FAQ about it but if I got more than 3 or 4 I think I would make it so I could refer them to it.

Ross