So sad - LearnDash Quizzes do not work with s2member

I don’t even know what to do, I LOVE s2member and have been using it since like 2010. But, in the last 2 weeks my clients have had issues with their quizzes not showing up at the end of their courses with LearnDash. And, I just went through and was begging that it wasn’t THIS plugin that was causing the problem…but it is.

Anyone run into this?

Anyway I can fix it quick…otherwise I have to get another member plugin on a bunch of sites ASAP.

Oh, I’m sorry about that.

Maybe it’s not terribly hard to solve…

I am guessing it may be a JS conflict.

In your console, can you see any errors?

Can I get a link to the page with the problem?

No, there are no errors showing up. The courses are behind the membership, so you’ll have to sign up to see it. One of the courses is free: https://familyedcentre.org/e-learning-programs/

EDIT: I tested as admin, no errors, THEN as non-admin, and attached is what it said in Safari

I see. But that’s not something s2Member would have anything to do with, though…

You’re getting a 404. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_404

You could verify via FTP that you have the file jquery.form.min.js.map under /wp-includes/js/jquery/

Is it there? Being logged in as the admin or not, shouldn’t be making a difference with that, since it’s not going through WordPress.

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

Being logged in as the admin or not, could make a difference if that determines whether that file is loaded or not, though…

But the file being there or not doesn’t change with your login status, and s2Member has no control over access to it.

FOUND IT! :smiley:

I wanted to share in the public thread what seems to be the solution, for anybody else that may be having this issue.

If the Filter ALL WordPress Queries is checked, the quiz box is not shown for some reason, but if you uncheck it, even if you leave all the others checked, the quiz box is displayed again. WP Admin > s2Member > Restriction Options > Alternative View Protection

Now you can use s2Member with LearnDash again. :smile:

4 Likes

O.M.G. THANKYOU for finding the solution to this problem.
I have been on the edge of tears/computercide for 2 days after rolling out a huge new update to a client site, and lost the plot between staging & live, not noticing that the quizzes weren’t working for non-admins.

This saved my bacon. Sending you a giant bouquet of virtual lilies…

1 Like