Site is experiencing technical difficulties

Hi, after upgrading to pro version i’m getting this message after user click pay using stripe form.

site is experiencing technical difficulties

i already try to uninstall the and install does not work. i need help with

thanks

EDIT
[09-Nov-2019 22:18:30 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class Stripe\Stripe, because the name is already in use in /home/XXXX/public_html/membership/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/src/includes/classes/gateways/stripe/stripe-sdk/lib/Stripe.php on line 11

Hi Geronimo.

You seem to have another plugin that also loads the Stripe SDK, and does it before s2, so when s2 tries it you get that. Could you check which other plugin is using Stripe?

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

thanks for helping with this. deleted all the plugins that was using stripe. the strange things is that this happen after i upgrade to pro version. still the same. same log error. did a test on one time post charge with stripe and it works. something wrong with subscription. i get “site is experiencing technical difficulties” when i tap on submit form.

1 Like

I am having the same problem, however it is only when the user adds their CC details and the submits the joining form. https://www.easlce.eu/
Then the error “Site is experiencing technical difficulties” appears and users cannot go further.
I have had to force users to join using paypal instead. So it seems to be about the last update and Stripe somehow?

yeah the last update broke my good membership site. everything was working great. as soon i updated to pro. nothing seem to work with subscription using stripe. i wonder if there is a way to enabled to collect billing information.

Exactly I have the same issue… I see the same thing. I had pro already, its the latest update of the plugin I guess.

S.

i did a clean install. by any chance you know why i’m not getting the credit card field.

I have the same issues, it occurred after the last plugin update. I also do not know if there is a manual way to collect billing info. I am stumped how to solve this.

Hi Geronimo.

That looks like a JavaScript problem. Could you look in your browser console if there are any errors mentioned?

i wonder if there is a way to enabled to collect billing information.

When the tax options are configured in s2Member, the billing info fields get enabled in the pro-form.

did a test on one time post charge with stripe and it works. something wrong with subscription. i get “site is experiencing technical difficulties” when i tap on submit form.

Is this with all attempts using different cards, or just one in particular? Do you have logging enabled? WP Admin > s2Member > Log Files

Screenshot_2019-11-11%20s2Member%20Logs%20%E2%80%B9%20s2Member%20Membership%20Plugin%20for%20WordPress%20%E2%80%94%20WordPress

Could I see the log entries related to those attempts?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Hi Sarah.

Also would like the related log entries for those attempts, please.

Are these happening for all attempts or only some? Did you try different cards in your tests?

What do the Stripe logs say on your Dashboard for these attempts? https://dashboard.stripe.com/logs

Hi Clavaque!

It has happened with my own card, and two other users (looks like more in the logs) in different countries. As far as I can see on the Stripe Dashboard they look like legit attempts. What should I be looking for in the logs? I do not see errors reported.

Heres a screenshot of the CC form now instead of the pop up Stripe interface. Users now can add their details directly. (Edited) Disregard my notes on the log files here just now -newbie misunderstanding)

The things you mentioned sound fine.

In the Stripe logs are there any error entries? And also, are there successful payments or are they all failing? Did you manage to get any payments?

In the s2 logs, right after you attempt a payment and fails, can you find in any of the log files, any new entries related to your test? (look at the end of each log file). You can do 50 cent test purchases, doesn’t have to be a large amount.

Okay, I will test for errors.
No successful payments after October 16th, 2019. All failed as of Nov 5th at least. This is when a user wrote complaining of the issue. Then I could not complete the transaction either, and I saw another user try and chose to join another way with snail mail. But I will try again with a test option.

One side-note, is cloudflare an issue again? I have the pages whitelisted and they were working fine until the new update, BUT, could it be I need to adjust the settings there again? Some script issue?

S