Signup success return message

Hi This question follows on from WP forum
[https://wordpress.org/support/topic/s_response/#post-11787474]

On further testing I´m happy with the current returned message when a user signs up BUT I would like to change the wording and remove the link “Thank you. Please log in(url)”

Please can you tell me where I can edit this message.
Thank you

Hi Brian.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, you can use the success attribute to specify a custom return URL, where you can have the page any way you want.

To customize the text in the default page, though, you could probably use the approach mentioned here: https://s2member.com/kb-article/quick-translation-changing-wordsphrases/

:slight_smile:

Thank you for your response, a custom URL is not a suitable solution as I wish to keep the registered user on the same page.

I have searched the code in the ‘stripe forms & responses’ as advised in the link above and even searched the .pot file and can not find a way to alter the generic ‘response’ which returns the wording:

Thank you. Please log in.
(extract of div classes and ids etc. included above but formatting displays as html code)

I have 2 issues with this return message:

1. I wish to change the wording to ‘Thank you Please Sign In Above’
  2. I wish to remove the link

Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Found the line here: s2member-pro/src/includes/classes/gateways/stripe/stripe-registration-in.inc.php

$global_response = array('response' => sprintf(_x('<strong>Thank you.</strong> Please <a href="%s" rel="nofollow">log in</a>.', 's2member-front', 's2member'), esc_attr(wp_login_url())));

Try the quick translation hack now that you have the exact string, including its HTML.

I hope that helps. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the information.

I would like to make a similar change to the log in button on the widget (sign in) but I can´t find the original text.
Please can you tell me where the code for the widget can be found.
Thank you

In file s2member-pro/src/includes/classes/login-widget.inc.php

echo '<input type="submit" class="btn btn-primary" value="'.esc_attr(_x('Log Me In', 's2member-front', 's2member')).'" />'."\n";

:slight_smile:

Another plugin I depend on suggested Loco Translate to change text. It’s worked for that plugin and s2 when I was too lazy to code.

1 Like

Hi Thanks for your help so far

Is it possible to change this input field to a button?

As I wish to add an icon and an input field does not except this type of element.

You could style it as a button with CSS…

echo '<div class="ws-plugin--s2member-pro-login-widget-submit">'."\n";
				if($redirect_to) echo '<input type="hidden" name="redirect_to" value="'.esc_attr($redirect_to).'" />'."\n".
				                      (empty($seeking) ? '<input type="hidden" name="redirect_to_automatic" value="1" />'."\n" : '');
				echo '<input type="submit" class="btn btn-primary" value="'.esc_attr(_x('Log Me In', 's2member-front', 's2member')).'" />'."\n";
				echo '</div>'."\n";

You can use .ws-plugin--s2member-pro-login-widget-submit to help you select it.

I hope that helps. :slight_smile: