Signup Confirmation Email not sent

Hi all,

I have a web page using S2Member Pro and Paypal buttons. As expected, when a new user wants to subscribe (with 15 days trial period) he can press the button and get redirected to Paypal page. Once subscription was accepted, user is redirected to a standard page in my site displaying a thank you message and informing that user must wait for a confirmation email to be received in his mail address. It is not a custom page. It is a auto return page generated by S2Member (I suppose). But this mail with the registration link is not sent.

When analyzing gateway-core-rtn.log I can see that S2Member received the PDT/Auto-return message. I also installed WP Mail Log plugin to get more info. Normal performance. All other mails are sent. But no Signup Confirmation Email.

Only when I create a Registration Access Link (S2Member Pro > Paypal buttons > Member Registration Access Links), follow the link and fill the displayed registration form I can create the user. Once created, S2Member sends all mails: to user (with credentials and instructions) and to administrative contacts (informing thanew user was created).

It seems that S2Member receives the auto-return message but does nothing at that point. It is supposed to send an email at that point but it does not. Seems that Paypal is working properly and also WP mail sender (as other mails from S2Member can be correctly sent).

Is my diagnostic correct? What can I do to fix it? Any idea about getting more info about the process workflow?

All comments will be kindly appreciated. Thx in advance.

Luis Otero

Find some email logging plugin and check if email is generated. It may be generated (so s2M did his job) but not sent out, because of various reasons.

Hi again.

I have installed WP Mail Log plugin, but no trail about that mail. Is this plugin suitable?

The web is using another plugin (WP Mail SMTP) to manage mail delivering using SendGrid.net. And Sendgrid service dashboard does not detect any delivery.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Luis

OK, did you check for plugins or theme conflicts?

I did. But no changes.

What is strange for me is that all other S2Member mails (new user welcome mail, new account warning to admin,…) are sent properly. If any problem with other plugins, I suppose that no other email will be sent, not only signup confirmation email.

Luis

I would consider installing and configuring Post SMTP. It replaces the builtin WP_Post class with it’s own, so its 100% compatible with s2member and s2member-pro. And when properly set-up it logs every mail sent via wordpress.

Thx Gerard,

Will try and let you know. Thx again for your recommendation.

Luis

1 Like